Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Motorists Respect the Law

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Could I respectfully suggest you and your cycle riding friends go and live in Switzerland where they absolutely hate cars and leave me free to drive my 911 as fast as I want.

Ooh, ooh, look at me! I've got a 911!!

Reminds me of that Young Ones episode, with University Challenge lampooned: "I've got a Porsche!"

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Perhaps a new form of transport akin to the teleportation system in Star Trek.

Or bigger fines.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ooh, ooh, look at me! I've got a 911!!

Reminds me of that Young Ones episode, with University Challenge lampooned: "I've got a Porsche!"
and here's a photo of it parked outside KJ's 'house'

7a1ca58d67b9801acd69ebf85fffb5a0.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
...........leading to more banned/uninsured drivers on the road (sadly inevitable)

Then when they are caught when already banned they get a further ban or imprisonment until they get the message.

kjgood

and here's a photo of it parked outside KJ's 'house'

View attachment 59289

Ha Ha love that, although it looks as though it hasn't got an engine its probably worth quite a pretty penny just as a rolling shell. Just getting a little fed up with these 'I ride a bike so I am above the law' bike riders condemning car drivers recently on here. When in fact bike riders probably break more laws than drivers. When do you see a person on a bike respecting a red light, or a footpath?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Ha Ha love that, although it looks as though it hasn't got an engine its probably worth quite a pretty penny just as a rolling shell. Just getting a little fed up with these 'I ride a bike so I am above the law' bike riders condemning car drivers recently on here. When in fact bike riders probably break more laws than drivers. When do you see a person on a bike respecting a red light, or a footpath?

its not about the number of transgressions of the law,
its about grieving families; 0ish compared to 2500ish,
its quite straightforward really

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Most of the time. Those who don't respect red lights are in the minority, and annoy the rest of us because they give us a bad name. The same goes for pavement cyclists.

Clearly you are not noticing the vast majority who obey the Highway Code, as they are not annoying you.

Lots of motorists, lots of cyclists...in fact lots of people, are wankers. Most are not.

kjgood

Most of the time. Those who don't respect red lights are in the minority, and annoy the rest of us because they give us a bad name. The same goes for pavement cyclists.

Clearly you are not noticing the vast majority who obey the Highway Code, as they are not annoying you.

Lots of motorists, lots of cyclists...in fact lots of people, are wankers. Most are not.

Thank you for making my point for me. There have been two posts on here recently branding all car drivers as evil. There are some who are and some who are not just like bike riders.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Thank you for making my point for me. There have been two posts on here recently branding all car drivers as evil. There are some who are and some who are not just like bike riders.

your point was that cyclists break more laws than motorists, i.e. are a bit more wanky
pogue is saying that there is an equivalence, i.e. the same wankyness

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
This thread is amazing!!! So much hatred :lolol:

So some of you are actually advocating what would be the biggest removal of freedom in human history, just because you don't like people driving a bit faster than they should :lolol:

Very very strange people!!!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

I know what you're trying to say, but this is where this thread becomes detatched from reality. Breaking the speed limit, being on a mobile phone while driving or riding, jumping a red light on your bike or riding on the pavement does not make you evil!

As humans we've made a society and created lots of rules which people are punished for breaking. In the grand scheme of things most people couldn't give a crap about the odd bit of speeding or riding on the pavement, that is why they are often overlooked and rarely punished. Thankfully the number of people who do give a crap is tiny and as such the notion of super-harsh penalties for minor traffic offenses will always be confined to a few oddballs arguing about it on internet message boards :thumbsup:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

So some of you are actually advocating what would be the biggest removal of freedom in human history, just because you don't like people driving a bit faster than they should :lolol:

Eh? What have I missed? What is this enormous freedom removal of which you speak?

The hatred, though, I get you on that. When you ride a bike you get accustomed to being hated, and you tend to get more cross than you should about it.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

erm, its not the being naughty bit, everyones cool with that, its more all the dead people bit

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Microchipping people or cars to record their movement would be pretty insane!

Oh yeah, that.

I assumed that it wasn't a serious suggestion, that someone said it as a way of getting their point across in an exaggerated way, comparing it to number plates on bikes, being deliberately provocative.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Anybody caught speeding or using their phone whilst driving should be immediately taken to the police station placed in a cell, stripped bare and tazered with an added squirt of pepper spray.
If they were texting the custody sergeant should be allowed to also apply a bloody good kicking.
Leave them in the freezing cell overnight to think about the error of their ways.
When they return to their car next day it will have been torched.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I would like to see more cameras on Pedestrian Crossings as a lot of drivers think it ok to go through red lights.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Microchipping people or cars to record their movement would be pretty insane!

not as mad as, ooh, slavery say. that is the greatest loss of liberty in human history.
you could drive, just a little bit slower, thats all. weres the loss of freedom?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here