Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Left Back again

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You must have stood next to me in the North Stand in he days of Horton, Ward, Steele, Mellor etc, I can even remember seeing Alex Dawson, Alan Gulliver, Kit and John Napier. But whats such longevity got to do with this argument? Does that make you right in a conversation.

Solicitor, accountant, barrister your wrong on that one also, couldn't be further from the truth. But I am not rude, judgemental and willing to put myself up for ridicule as you are, so suspect we are vey different.
But I bow to you having supported the team for forty years as this must make your opinion a fact on all posts on here, clearly that's why you are respected and your opinion so sought after.

In answer you your question, I spent the first part of my life as soldier, fighting in two major conflicts and other overseas operations and now i'm in business. What have you done with your life, would be interested to know?

He's married so that's one major conflict he's fought in :moo:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that March looked good on the left with VLP on the right but it must be said we were attacking so could put a false face on it.. I would be inclind to try him there instead of Murphy who I dont think has been at his best recently. It was also give us a left footed player on the left for more balance.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'd play them both and drop Murphy. Just a thought.

Murphy just isn't good enough defensively, and he may be up against Ince.

Certainly agree about dropping a winger and bolstering our midfield next week, wouldn't play Chicksen though. I'd keep Calde at left back, and maybe replace Murphy with Crofts, if he is fit to play.

Is he carrying an injury though? I haven't seen him in the squad for a few games.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Certainly agree about dropping a winger and bolstering our midfield next week, wouldn't play Chicksen though. I'd keep Calde at left back, and maybe replace Murphy with Crofts, if he is fit to play.

Is he carrying an injury though? I haven't seen him in the squad for a few games.

Yes, Crofts could be key against the Derby midfield.

The reason I mentioned Chicksen would be as a wide midfield player, rather than LB, just think that we need a natural left footer who can defend.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Ashley Cole is a free agent. Only 34, could do a job till end of season.

My thoughts exactly.

That doesn't happen very often!

Enjoying the season, Kev?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'd be very surprised if we don't play 5 in midfield next week. To go to Derby with two wingers is asking for trouble.

Absolutely. It very much needs to be safety first next week, flood midfield and do without one, or even two wingers. We need to break up play, and slow the game down.

If we can snatch a goal then great, but l'm hoping for an awful game, and that we can snatch a point.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Absolutely. It very much needs to be safety first next week, flood midfield and do without one, or even two wingers. We need to break up play, and slow the game down.

If we can snatch a goal then great, but l'm hoping for an awful game, and that we can snatch a point.
Nonsense
We continue to play 4-4-2 as usual no matter who we're playing.
No need for this cautious crap as that's just playing into the hands of derby...Houghton won't change and rightly so as we go out to win and focus on our game not theirs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here