Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A new Selhurst

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I wouldn't be at all surprised if they succeed in getting the planning permission. It's infinitely easier for the council to support them upgrading their current stadium on an established football site than it would be for any council to back their relocation.

That's why they're doing it. It's easier.

The real questions will be whether or not they are:

1. Still in the Premier League
2. Still owned by The Yanks with money
3. Still solvent

If any of those are not true in X years time then the case to invest becomes a lot harder and it might stay on the drawing board until some of their fans get lucky with scratchcards.

I just hope that the Jerk chicken shop can survive until they are ready.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Is that why you are in the bottom three? :moo:

We're in the bottom three because we had extremely difficult fixtures, and we've had a horrendous injury list until a few weeks ago. If I remember correctly, we've only been able to play our strongest XI on one occasion and we won the game. Our first XI makes for an excellent side and is probably the best in the bottom half, unfortunately we've got little or no squad depth in several key positions. If we strengthen appropriately in January then I'm confident we'll be absolutely fine this season; if we don't then another injury to Zaha would probably relegate us.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Selhurst is a sh1thole/hovel/dump but the Withdean is just an athletics stadium :lolol:

It was what it was. We never had any expectations other than surviving and hoping against hope that we would get Falmer. Every penny we had went to keeping our heads above water and that included keeping us at the withdean, the fact that we got to the championship was an unexpected bonus.

You’ve stiffed in two administrations, wasted five years worth of premiership money and have f*ckall to show for it as your dump of a ground shows.
I just love to know where the £70+ million is going to come from?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Errrr yeh- but your capacity is currently bigger than ours? I dont get it.
Your original post was that your new capacity might be higher than ours, and you thought that was a bragging right, now you're saying it's not?

Did you also see that Palace top most % of capacity attendance in the league?
No, I can see that you don't:
https://www.express.co.uk/pictures/...ortgalleries/Crystal-Palace-attendance-212161

Looks like we're above you too.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Maybe you didnt want to call it home but maybe you should be proud of your club and where it plays its home games. A regeneration is very much welcome but most Palace fans are proud of Selhurst as hard as you may find it to believe.

We are very very proud of the amex and our club ,but you palace twats call us plastic ect ect ,hope you get your new stand ,34.000 mmm how many plastics ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
We're in the bottom three because we had extremely difficult fixtures, and we've had a horrendous injury list until a few weeks ago. If I remember correctly, we've only been able to play our strongest XI on one occasion and we won the game. Our first XI makes for an excellent side and is probably the best in the bottom half, unfortunately we've got little or no squad depth in several key positions. If we strengthen appropriately in January then I'm confident we'll be absolutely fine this season; if we don't then another injury to Zaha would probably relegate us.

You’d think that the ‘best team in the bottom half’ could survive the injury of one player?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I am proud of my club, Jesus, name me a Brighton fan who isn’t after all we’ve been through! but as for where we played, I’m equally not proud of Gillingham. Maybe when you’ve played 2 years 150 miles away and then sat for 11 years in the pissing rain at Withdean you’d get it. Until then, shut it, you Palace Slaaaaaag! :)

To put withdean in perspective. My old next door neighbour but one was banned from going to the withdean by his doctor. Reg was in his early ‘70’s and basically got pneumonia from sitting in the rain watching the Albion.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010

Your first 7 home games were Hudds, Swansea, Southampton, Chelsea, West ham, Everton and Stoke?? A lot of them are very winnable and hardly "difficult" fixtures (apart from Chelsea which you actually won)

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Huddersfield, Swansea and Southampton at home. Very difficult fixtures.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
average housing price in SE25 is £352K

So, some of the cheapest housing in Greater London then........

The average London home costs £484,000, compared with £226,000 for the UK, according to the latest data from the Office for National Statistics house price index.
. FT

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I wouldn't be at all surprised if they succeed in getting the planning permission. It's infinitely easier for the council to support them upgrading their current stadium on an established football site than it would be for any council to back their relocation.

That's why they're doing it. It's easier.

The real questions will be whether or not they are:

1. Still in the Premier League
2. Still owned by The Yanks with money
3. Still solvent

If any of those are not true in X years time then the case to invest becomes a lot harder and it might stay on the drawing board until some of their fans get lucky with scratchcards.

I just hope that the Jerk chicken shop can survive until they are ready.

I'll try to answer those questions for you.

1- who knows? A club like us strive to survive each season,
2- The yanks money for the re developement has been ring fenced since they became involved in the club.
3- The club has one of the lowest debts in the PL, probably only Burnley are lower.

Hopefully the Jerk Chicken shop can continue, a thriving business for the diverse ,multi cultural ,local community.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I'll try to answer those questions for you.

1- who knows? A club like us strive to survive each season,
2- The yanks money for the re developement has been ring fenced since they became involved in the club.
3- The club has one of the lowest debts in the PL, probably only Burnley are lower.

Hopefully the Jerk Chicken shop can continue, a thriving business for the diverse ,multi cultural ,local community.

#3 :lolol: How were you able to type that with a straight face and retain an ounce of what's left of your soul?

You do know the history of CPFC2010 don't you?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
#3 :lolol: How were you able to type that with a straight face and retain an ounce of what's left of your soul?

Of course I do , they run a very tight ship , unlike some previous chairmen .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Where on earth will they find another 10k fans when they don't sell out what they've got? I'm sure I've heard that argument somewhere before.....I just can't think for the life of me where.....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
You did and some more so there’s hope .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

This. Up alongside Clinton's 'I did not have sex with that woman', and every time Trump has said 'fake news'. FFS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here