Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

9 Games Left - Loan Striker?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not my job to answer that. And you don't know Muzza is unavailable anyway...

Of course but i'm interested in whether you think we need *any* striker or *only* Glenn Murray who clearly hasn't been available up til now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Obviously nothing to see here but Murray hasn't even made the squad for today's thrashing at Spurs.....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Of course but i'm interested in whether you think we need *any* striker or *only* Glenn Murray who clearly hasn't been available up til now.

GM is the obvious one a proven goal scorer who lives local and according to people who know him would jump at the chance to come back. The only other possible Lambert came on as a sub for WBA so out of the question.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Obviously nothing to see here but Murray hasn't even made the squad for today's thrashing at Spurs.....

I can't see it not happening. We learnt yesterday that we cannot rely on Baldock and we know that Zamora has to be wrapped in cotton wool.

Right now we only have two fit strikers and to take a risk of lacking in fire power after all the hard work this season would be close to self sabotage.

Should be an interesting few days.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
GM is the obvious one a proven goal scorer who lives local and according to people who know him would jump at the chance to come back. The only other possible Lambert came on as a sub for WBA so out of the question.

So Murray or nothing then ?

Dawn Korus

Oct 17, 2010
Christmas Island
So lets say Murray won't come , for whatever reason.

What other strikers who are match fit, kicking their heels, could walk into our team, are presumably 4th or 5th choice at their respective clubs and come and play Championship football and score goals for us.

Who ?

Isnt that what you have a scouting network for?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

IMHO we don't need another striker
and its a pity he did'nt jump at the chance to stay here when he had the chance and go elsewhere:sick:
am I right in remembering that he was homesick for rochdale or another of the northern big clubs when he first came here.
nope not needed and would most probably upset the close dressing room we already have

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I am not a scout so dont know who is or may be available.
Quite right.

It always makes me smile when supporters are asked for their player suggestions, when the club has a team of professionals working full time on the task. And yet a poster is expected to come up with names in no time.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I am not a scout so dont know who is or may be available.
But you do know that we're limited to players registered with English clubs, which, if we're trying to improve on what we have, means that we're looking at players that can't get into the squads of Premier League clubs. That does narrow it down somewhat. I'd be surprised if anyone was actually available.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But you do know that we're limited to players registered with English clubs, which, if we're trying to improve on what we have, means that we're looking at players that can't get into the squads of Premier League clubs. That does narrow it down somewhat. I'd be surprised if anyone was actually available.

Do you know every striker in every Premier club. Did you know Wilson was available or Kane when he went to Millwall.our scouting network would have a fair idea. When I was a scout I was sent to watch a certain player not just a match. I would assume it is still the same.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Hughton danced around the question of getting a loan signing in, there was no categorical statement that we go with what we've got.

So, anything is possible, something or nothing. We'll know by Thursday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here