Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

9 Games Left - Loan Striker?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The loan window shuts on March 24, with clubs then unable to strengthen until the summer.

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
Personally don't see the point in bringing someone in, unless they're a proven goalscorer, in which case they wouldn't be leaving to come on loan here. Our 4 strikers are class.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Hemed
Wilson
Bob
Baldock
A.N.Other

Squad's the best I've ever known it.
You can't have contingency after contingency after contingency or players start getting ****ed off.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I am not a scout so dont know who is or may be available.

But you'd admit that the chances of finding an appropriate fit for the club with 8 games to go, who is by definition out of favour with their home club, probably not match fit and likely to succeed from the off in the Championship is a pretty tall order.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Struggling to accommodate what we've got now and keep everyone playing. Barring another injury crisis and/or Wilson being recalled we don't need anyone for the run-in. Squad spirit and togetherness is remarkable, wouldn't want that upset either.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Struggling to accommodate what we've got now and keep everyone playing. Barring another injury crisis and/or Wilson being recalled we don't need anyone for the run-in. Squad spirit and togetherness is remarkable, wouldn't want that upset either.

agreed, but this is Brighton and we all know, from bitter experience, something always goes wrong !!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hemed and Wilson have both now gone off on international duty.

You can pretty much GUARANTEE that if we don't sign somebody by Thursday's deadline, then one or both will get injured next weekend.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
It's far too much of a gamble NOT to have some sort of back up due to injury.
The equilibrium and harmony of the team wouldn't necessarily be upset by another forward trying to break into the team, quite the opposite, will keep them all on their toes.
If no one ends up being signed then I can only assume that from the training ground Hughton has seen enough of either Murphy or Skalak to have the confidence that one of them can play further forward if required. CH knows best I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here