Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JFC starts for the U-21s tonight

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
okay i am wrong about caskey he is a good player i just want him to prove it and then some fans wont doubt him
He's a nuts and bolts sort of player, he holds the team together. Doesn't do spectacular, just moves the ball on (usually to a team mate) tackles and blocks the opposition.

Granted its not exciting but every team needs these work horses as well as the more creative types, its a blend. He's only 20 so I'd like to think that there should be some improvement in him still, a 25 year old Caskey will be an important part of any team. Hopefully ours!

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Weigh that up with, bad passes, inability to win a 50/50 tackle, lack of mobility and easily shrugged off the ball.

However, he plays in a different position for England, slightly further forward, and for me that is his better position, as he demonstrated under Poyet.

Absolutely agree with playing further forward. When he has I've noticed that he does make some good late runs into the box like his goal against Blackburn last year.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Absolutely agree with playing further forward. When he has I've noticed that he does make some good late runs into the box like his goal against Blackburn last year.

Yes, he is too deep for us, which is why he frequently looks an average player, as he is not a ball winner.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Spain U21s have failed to qualify, they drew the first leg 0-0 in Serbia, but slumped to a 2-1 home defeat in the second leg.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
if caskey was as good as everyone is saying he is on here why is he not playing in the premiership then

Possibly because a certain Gustavo Poyet threw his toys out of the pram before our best opportunity to reach the premiere league condemning Brighton to play at least two more seasons in the championship. Now calm down Mark, if people do not agree with your point of view on the subject of Jake F.C.that's their right as is yours to to have the opinion that you do there is no need or point in arguing the toss just agree to disagree and move on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here