Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7119341 said:
The word yield in this case is on par with the English yield as in "give in/give way" not yields as in "yields dividends" so no chance it refers to a clause. I understand the tweet as: Brighton have offered $10m to take Calleri in December however Boca only want to sell in June.

Meaning: If we really want him now (this approaching window) we're going to have to make a better offer.

but the tweet refers to June 2017?

albionite

May 20, 2009
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7119341 said:
The word yield in this case is on par with the English yield as in "give in/give way" not yields as in "yields dividends" so no chance it refers to a clause. I understand the tweet as: Brighton have offered $10m to take Calleri in December however Boca only want to sell in June.

Meaning: If we really want him now (this approaching window) we're going to have to make a better offer.

Can not see that being true unless it's the player/agent saying he doesn't want to come untill June.

As far as what I've read if any truth in it, we made a bid in August and they wanted to wait untill end of their season. Why would they sell next year in the middle of their next season?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Can not see that being true unless it's the player/agent saying he doesn't want to come untill June.

As far as what I've read if any truth in it, we made a bid in August and they wanted to wait untill end of their season. Why would they sell next year in the middle of their next season?

Precisely. I would think June 2017 could be his current contract expiry. If we have made an offer of that magnitude I don't think it would have been done without encouragement from agent or club or both that it could potentially be successful

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Cedería could mean would yield, would cede, would give in, would transfer and a few other things too.

So he's saying "if Boca sell him it would _____ in 2017." Not sure how to complete that blank though.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Is this thread still rumbling on - I don't even think it is a realistic target.

When we were chasing everyone in the close season I had a slight insight how many we had made realistic approaches for, although I didn't know who they all were. The only names I actually knew about were Jamie Murphy and Liam Rosenior.

Someone then said ''there is a couple of them we probably won't get'' Now if you make the assumption that the Iranian guy and the lad from Blackburn were genuine targets then thats ''the couple'' we didn't get

Does anyone really know for sure that we made an offer for Calleri ?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Scrolling through Hector's twitter feed, I noticed a comment about Lodeiro on the 19th of September. He is said to have called an opponent, the Colombian Reinaldo Lenis, a "negro cafetero"; a black coffee grower.

Sounds like we're after our own Luis Suarez. Let's hope he's not a biter too.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Scrolling through Hector's twitter feed, I noticed a comment about Lodeiro on the 19th of September. He is said to have called an opponent, the Colombian Reinaldo Lenis, a "negro cafetero"; a black coffee grower.

Maybe he meant a grower of black coffee?

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

Negro is simply Spanish for black, maybe he grows black coffee

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

I know I shouldn't laugh, but that's one hell of an insult.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is this thread still rumbling on - I don't even think it is a realistic target.

When we were chasing everyone in the close season I had a slight insight how many we had made realistic approaches for, although I didn't know who they all were. The only names I actually knew about were Jamie Murphy and Liam Rosenior.

Someone then said ''there is a couple of them we probably won't get'' Now if you make the assumption that the Iranian guy and the lad from Blackburn were genuine targets then thats ''the couple'' we didn't get

Does anyone really know for sure that we made an offer for Calleri ?

Check back a couple of pages. There is a screenshot of a tv programme mentioning Brighton and this player.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I know I shouldn't laugh, but that's one hell of an insult.

It seems pretty creative over here but as Colombian coffee plantations are mostly staffed by black workers it's probably a run of the mill racial slur over there.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Hmmm curiouser and curiouser ......
[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus: 11 months ago Albion were losing at Spurs in the Capital One Cup. Tonight a Tottenham legend is a guest at the Amex. Osvaldo Ardiles. #bhafc

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Think of the success of Argentinian players in the UK. From trail blazers like Ozzie to our own firm favourite Ujjoa. There are a few who end up playing premier league football. I hope all that influences our targets (and it seems they are targets) to really consider coming here. They could end up with us in one of the most exciting leagues in world football!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here