Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens' appeal [Update: appeal rejected, 3 game ban stands]

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Obviously fa have done wrong here, they couldn't rescind the red card as they would of been proved wrong in a big game, however, I wonder if they might give instructions to the ref on Friday to be lenient against Brighton players just to even things up ? I might bet on a Sheff wed player being sent off !

They could have saved face by reducing the ban to one game. Why didn't they do that?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Oh yeah, I'm a big Boro fan.
Which parts of my post are rubbish?

Pretty much all of it. Stephens was our best player on Saturday and was playing superbly up to the point he was red carded. He made a great challenge early on which was given as a free kick (he didn't fly in with studs showing). He did have an argument with Ramirez but that was mainly down to Ramirez diving to try to win a free kick. There's no way you can attempt to justify the red card by saying his card was marked and that was his fault. It is ridiculous.

allystrat

Dec 19, 2011
Football has completely lost the plot with red cards. Players being sent off for little flicks and next to nothing, and certainly not what could be deemed as serious foul play. It's got ridiculous and gone too far. Imagine what would be made now of some of the violent play from yesteryear (Souness for Rangers v Bucharest is a classic example).

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Football has completely lost the plot with red cards. Players being sent off for little flicks and next to nothing, and certainly not what could be deemed as serious foul play. It's got ridiculous and gone too far. Imagine what would be made now of some of the violent play from yesteryear (Souness for Rangers v Steau Bucharest is a classic example).

Billy Bremner .. Nobby stiles they would be off in minutes

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Stephens was too wound up from the start and I think he ultimately paid the price.
Early doors he flew into a challenge on the touch line with both feet off the floor and studs showing. It looked a good tackle and he won the ball but the linesman flagged for a foul. Stephens went mental with him.
Later on, Ramirez was fouled (fell over?) and Stephens climbed over his back to get the ball and ended up shoving one of the Boro players in the chest and shouting at the ref.
And as we all know he had a shoving match with Ramirez right under the ref's nose just before the red card.
Rightly or wrongly I think his card was marked.
Actually he's always like this as he's committed and a tough tackler,but he has never been sent off and isn't the type to hold grudges.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
CiG2hi1WwAAOwgo.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stephens was too wound up from the start and I think he ultimately paid the price.
Early doors he flew into a challenge on the touch line with both feet off the floor and studs showing. It looked a good tackle and he won the ball but the linesman flagged for a foul. Stephens went mental with him.
Later on, Ramirez was fouled (fell over?) and Stephens climbed over his back to get the ball and ended up shoving one of the Boro players in the chest and shouting at the ref.
And as we all know he had a shoving match with Ramirez right under the ref's nose just before the red card.

You weren't at the same match as me.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
There are some complete morons from Boro on Twitter. The laughable thing is they think it's ridiculous we care but yet are still tweeting about it. Why? They have been promoted. We, on the other hand, face the play offs without one of our best players having faced the last half hour without our best player on the day. Frankly, their comments are a joke. One even compared it to the Keane challenge on Haaland.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
This was sadly inevitable. Never a doubt they wouldn't overturn it in my mind.

Football is run by idiots, we should all know that by now. It's just a shame it could have such a devastating impact on our season (and already has)!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Utter rubbish.

Only five posts? Spot the non-Brighton fan.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

Can you disable the swear filter for a while, because the FA are ****ing ****s, and I want to be able to say so.

Hutonthebeach

Apr 19, 2016
I'm not trying to justify the red card, just the opposite really. My point is that he had brought himself to the attention if the officials after a couple of innocuous incidents earlier on, including just moments earlier. Dean let this influence his decidiot.

BTW, I don't claim to be one of Brighton's superfans but that doesn't automatically make me a Boro fan does it? Or will I be a Sheff Wed fan this week? Dalwins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here