Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unfunny comedians

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Easy target - funnier than all the rest but the comedy mafia are all jealous of him. For some reason NSC always joins in!

image.jpeg

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Noel Fielding, Bob Mortimer, Vic Reeves, nearly all of Monty Python, just overrated unfunny crap.

Sean Locke on the other hand, extremely underrated.
I saw Billy Connelly at the Carnegie Hall in Dunfermline in 1977, the funniest human being alive, at the time, but now? Give it up Billy, you peaked a long time ago.

You say nearly all of Monty Python. Which bit (or bits) do you find funny?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
You say nearly all of Monty Python. Which bit (or bits) do you find funny?

The four Yorkshire men in particular, The Life of Brian,I admit I haven't seen all of their stuff, but I still remember some of the stuff on the telly,and I never found it that funny. Too daft to laugh at as my Dad would say.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Good question.

Paul Merton?

Good call. The problem with threads like this is that, aside from being so subjective as to being meaningless, they don't take into account that people and tastes change. Monty Python, The Goons and Spike Milligan broke the mould in their time but when you watch much of it now it's not in the least bit funny. I saw people like Lee Evans, Phil Jupitus, Al Murray and many others in the 90s at places like the Comic Store, Jonglers and Komedia and they were very, very funny but no way would I pay £90 to see them at an arena now. Many of the names on this list are funny or at the very least have been in the past but don't have the longevity to remain relevant and funny over decades. Even my personal heroes, Vic and Bob seemed to be going through the motions when I saw them earlier this year in Brighton.

For me Paul Merton and Bill Bailey have never stopped being funny.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good call. The problem with threads like this is that, aside from being so subjective as to being meaningless, they don't take into account that people and tastes change. Monty Python, The Goons and Spike Milligan broke the mould in their time but when you watch much of it now it's not in the least bit funny. I saw people like Lee Evans, Phil Jupitus, Al Murray and many others in the 90s at places like the Comic Store, Jonglers and Komedia and they were very, very funny but no way would I pay £90 to see them at an arena now. Many of the names on this list are funny or at the very least have been in the past but don't have the longevity to remain relevant and funny over decades. Even my personal heroes, Vic and Bob seemed to be going through the motions when I saw them earlier this year in Brighton.

For me Paul Merton and Bill Bailey have never stopped being funny.

Bill Bailey is a good shout.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
little and large..., thank goodness they retired many years ago

Cannon and Ball were pretty sh!te too mind....

Happened upon the You Tube of Jay Leno 'Late Show' from 1973 with Spike Milligan the other day.

JL: 'So Spike how long were you in the army?'

SM: 'Five foot eleven'.

JL: 'So Spike is your Father dead?'

SM: 'I hope so, we buried him 20 years ago, and if he's not he will be well annoyed'.

So so good........

TNBA

TTF

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Tim Hodges. Because his articles have to be an attempt at satire, surely?!?!

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
This will be sacrilege to some but for me Bill Hicks is the most overrated comedian of all time.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Milton Jones

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here