Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker Adrian Colunga Signs Two Year Deal (Update)

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I agree. There were occasions yesterday where balls played out of defence for him to chase resulted in the defender having to put the ball out of play and BHA being able to restart in the opposition half.

I was just thinking the same.

The difference between a striker giving up on a lost cause, or as CMS does - never seeing a lost cause, is massive. It's the difference between turning over possession or not, because even when Craig chases down a ball he will never get, by the time the opposition player gets on the ball he also has CMS breathing down his neck. He can't make that easy pass forward and more likely panics and puts it out. I cannot emphasize how important that is, we saw it yesterday a few times and it deserves notice imo.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
How many high crosses did we put in yesterday? Most of them were to feet. We don't 'need' a tall striker if played right, at pace.

There were at least half a dozen times yesterday when Bennett looked like he wanted to whip a cross over. Instead he checked back and passed it inside. All i'm saying is, we have no height in the middle up front. Of course you don't need a tall striker if your playing it low with pace. But having a tall striker, gives you another option and you can't have enough of them.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Looks to have real quality, good skill and composure in front of goal. I can't believe people aren't getting more excited. Players even in the lesser teams in La Liga are technically excellent. In the vids he scores two against Barca, another against Real Madrid and an exquisite chip over defenders from a tight angle. An amazing finish. Ulloa was good with his head but this guy is clearly somewhat more adept with his feet. Seen scoring with his head as well. I can't wait to watch this guy play

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
A Spanish journo friend of mine said: "Good news. A good scorer. He had a bad relationship with the coach, but he is a skilful player and a fast one. One of those ' small' players...á typical Spanish rabbit, if you know what I mean."

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A Spanish journo friend of mine said: "Good news. A good scorer. He had a bad relationship with the coach, but he is a skilful player and a fast one. One of those ' small' players...á typical Spanish rabbit, if you know what I mean."
David Speedie, Paul Dickov......that sort of thing?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
5 players signed in 7 days.
Joao, Joe, Danny, Paddy and Adrian.
Still think 2 more to come...