Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JCLs to be upgraded

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think there is another type that has started to turn up at the Amex, which I have heard described by Prem fans as "the tourists". I could be wrong but I witnessed a crowd of Asian people at the QPR game lining up for photographs with the ground as the background holding in front of them a complete long strip of tickets. How they get the tickets I'm not sure.

Were they Japanese? Culturally, they seem to record every aspect of their lives anyway, but they could be rugby fans celebrating a visit to the rugby shrine where Japan beat South Africa in the Rugby World Cup.

Yes, our stadium is famous amongst the Japanese, but there are also a lot of Asian students in the two universities. The club do deals with the students so they could be temporary local.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Known as "The Tourists"? You mean tourists? Don't really have a problem with that. When abroad I make a point of trying to get tickets to a football match or some other kind of game/match. Part of the trip innit.

I don't have a problem with it and in fact I think it is good that maybe the Amex is now on the list for foreign fans to visit and watch a game here. Next thing we will be selling shirts abroad, now wouldn't PB just love that income.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don't have a problem with it and in fact I think it is good that maybe the Amex is now on the list for foreign fans to visit and watch a game here. Next thing we will be selling shirts abroad, now wouldn't PB just love that income.

It would be nice to see a few more BHA shirts being sold around town rather than "Sussex University" and I heart Brighton sweaters.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It would be nice to see a few more BHA shirts being sold around town rather than "Sussex University" and I heart Brighton sweaters.

Thought you did not like Brighton? :lol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I don't mind Brighton, just had my fill of it. It's a young man's town and it's gone downhill rapidly over the last 10 years. Anyhow, I digress.

That's fair enough..old timer

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This, a thousand bloody times , I do not want to see a Devon Loch but the way some people are going on..............

Very good point, Alf. I enjoyed this thread last night, but when I woke up this morning, remembering it, I had a sudden queasy feeling . . . . the whole thread will be cut and pasted into 'Holmesdale Gold' or whatever the Nigels call the silo they keep their Albion 'own goals' to gloat over, if we do a 'love it' Keegan capitulation.

Actually, thinking about it, even the palace are not so tin pot they'd have such a silo. What am I thinking. :wozza:

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Very good point, Alf. I enjoyed this thread last night, but when I woke up this morning, remembering it, I had a sudden queasy feeling . . . . the whole thread will be cut and pasted into 'Holmesdale Gold' or whatever the Nigels call the silo they keep their Albion 'own goals' to gloat over, if we do a 'love it' Keegan capitulation.

Actually, thinking about it, even the palace are not so tin pot they'd have such a silo. What am I thinking. :wozza:
NSC is currently split between "giddy chicken counters" and "don't tempt fate, nothing is done yet, pragmatists".

Both are perfectly fine and have no influence on anything in real life...!!!

I am Team GCC.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
NSC is currently split between "giddy chicken counters" and "don't tempt fate, nothing is done yet, pragmatists".

I am Team GCC.

I know what you mean, but actually I don't feel I'm either. Most of the time I don't really think about the actuality of promotion/not. I spend my time enjoying the games I watch, enjoying the fact that on reflection I can't remember the last time I felt 'we have no chance in this game' after shipping a goal, and loving every 3 points.

Having typed that I have now got horrible butterflies. The first thing I thought about when I woke up this morning was today's game. Sill.... no change there really; its just that instead of mithering about whether a draw at Mansfield will put us out of reach of the bottom 3, I'm mithering about maintaining a virtual 11 point gap over third.

Anyway, only another 4 hours till kick off. :O

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I am Team GCC.

I'm definitely in the GCC camp. Football has to have an element of utterly ridiculous expectations and dreaming the dream. If not, what else made us go to watch the rubbish we have been served up over the years? What makes England supports trek around the world? You can suggest loyalty and I'll agree to a point but there has to be some kind of end game even if it's unrealistic. Get giddy and bore people senseless going on about this season and enjoy it is my suggestion.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Why would you assume that? Someone born in Chichester of Sussex parents has no cultural attachment to Arsenal, but there's nothing wrong with, say, someone of Indian parentage into their cricket wanting to support India.

It just comes down to whether - as a fan - you've got any personal / cultural / geographical link to your chosen team.

There is EVERYTHING wrong with a person born here supporting another team over England, you or they can come out with as many mealy mouthed excuses as you like , it shows that they don't consider themselves 100% english/british (except when it suits them to)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
There is EVERYTHING wrong with a person born here supporting another team over England, you or they can come out with as many mealy mouthed excuses as you like , it shows that they don't consider themselves 100% english/british (except when it suits them to)

If someone with two Indian patents doesn't consider themselves 100 percent English they would be right. Who gives a shit? none is one hundred percent English. Not even you.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
If someone with two Indian patents doesn't consider themselves 100 percent English they would be right. Who gives a shit? none is one hundred percent English. Not even you.

Who gives a shit ? I , and lots of others do, but it doesn't matter to you , you're an immigrant yourself ,12000 miles away.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
OK, maybe you can help. I was born in the USA, moved to the UK when I was four. My mother is English, my father is Scottish. Which national team should I support?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
OK, maybe you can help. I was born in the USA, moved to the UK when I was four. My mother is English, my father is Scottish. Which national team should I support?

Brasil,pick Brasil.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Where do you live now ?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Excuse me!!!!!!! My ancestors (ancient fishermen-not the 17th Century London railway mob and matha gunn types) fought the French hoardes,on the beaches in the lower town (the 40 acres now lost to the sea) whilst the rest of Brighelmstone burned to the ground in the 13th Century you know.....ok we had a little help from the Lads from Lewes and Bramber/Steyning crowd...

But we are all English....100% well maybe a little Saxon,Roman,Germania,Prussian,French too....

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Excuse me!!!!!!! My ancestors (ancient fishermen-not the 17th Century London railway mob and matha gunn types) fought the French hoardes,on the beaches in the lower town (the 40 acres now lost to the sea) whilst the rest of Brighelmstone burned to the ground in the 13th Century you know.....ok we had a little help from the Lads from Lewes and Bramber/Steyning crowd...

But we are all English....100% well maybe a little Saxon,Roman,Germania,Prussian,French too....

Bloody JCL's

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here