Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JCLs to be upgraded

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Before you were suggesting that Social Cohesion has suffered because people support the wrong sports team. Now you seem to have reverted to the default of blaming your ills on multiculturalism. This is a subject we have done to death so i will bow out here before you lose your shit and start hurling insults about (too late for that obviously being a clown who doesn't mix with any Australians (even though in your book I live with 4 of them, end of story))
Supporting a country other than the one you were born and brought up in is a BY PRODUCT of multiculturalism, but youre far too blinkered to see that, no doubt the usual suspects will be guffawing into their fair trade coffees at the very thought that someone who doesnt share their views on immigration (despite having experienced the downside of it)should have the temerity to accuse them of such a thing, seeing as their village has an indian restaurant .

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Supporting a country other than the one you were born and brought up in is a BY PRODUCT of multiculturalism, but youre far too blinkered to see that, no doubt the usual suspects will be guffawing into their fair trade coffees at the very thought that someone who doesnt share their views on immigration (despite having experienced the downside of it)should have the temerity to accuse them of such a thing, seeing as their village has an indian restaurant .

Maybe it is a by-product of multiculturalism, It is certainly a product of the increased movement of people and of those people having an interest in their heritage. can't see how this causes any lack of cohesion in a society and not entirely sure why you have a problem with it. Live and let live I say, which sports team to support is up to people to decide for their own reasons.

I know that you blame multiculturalism for the problems you encountered in London and who knows you could be right. However, you are judging something that works well in many places by these experiences (all the while having the gall to call others blinkered).

Not sure who the usual suspects you are referring to are but I find it ironic that you are having a pop at these imaginary people for not accepting that someone would have a different view of immigration as you, while at the same time having a pop at me for being a 'clown' with a different view of immigration to you.

Yes. The Amex should be PACKED for most games next season as spare tickets become easier to shift on.

Can't wait! Swansea,b'muff,boro,stoke,wba,sunderland,burnley,southampton,Leicester,hull tigers i think we might see a few no shows for these types of fixtures 5,000ish empty seats for any of these and if a feb night game then a few thousand more no shows. The jcl's won't be busting a gut for these games tbh???

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not read all the thread, but would be grand to have it confirmed that all the wise guys that hedged their bets and only committed to this season's half-season ticket when they checked out the halfway league positions round about Xmas are being absolutely CRUCIFIED by the club on the cost of their Half Season Ticket. Because they're basically not fans at all.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Now this may sound bitter - and I suppose it is slightly - but when I wore my Brighton shirt to primary school I had to put up with so much shit. All the Saltdean based Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool etc fans chimed in with the usual "Brighton are shit" comments. Funny but that hurts when you're a kid.

I see many of them at the football now. But I also see many of them at away games too. They started as JCL's but now many are genuine supporters. Away games kind of cement it for me. It's a shame they didn't come during the Priestfield days etc but I respect that they are fans now. Will they still be here when we're shit again? I don't know, but I think a couple would. So let's not get too annoyed at these fairweathers, as they can be converted and learn to love the club as much as you or I.

Some kids really care about how they're perceived and I'm glad I was confident enough not to need a Premiership club. They saw their teams on the TV, but I got to be there. Even as a nipper, given the opportunity to watch Brighton vs anyone would trump even the most glitzy of top flight fixtures. I consider myself blessed to have always followed Brighton. Hopefully these JCLs can be converted and you never know their kids might be the diehards of the future.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Now this may sound bitter - and I suppose it is slightly - but when I wore my Brighton shirt to primary school I had to put up with so much shit. All the Saltdean based Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool etc fans chimed in with the usual "Brighton are shit" comments. Funny but that hurts when you're a kid.

I see many of them at the football now. But I also see many of them at away games too. They started as JCL's but now many are genuine supporters. Away games kind of cement it for me. It's a shame they didn't come during the Priestfield days etc but I respect that they are fans now. Will they still be here when we're shit again? I don't know, but I think a couple would. So let's not get too annoyed at these fairweathers, as they can be converted and learn to love the club as much as you or I.

Some kids really care about how they're perceived and I'm glad I was confident enough not to need a Premiership club. They saw their teams on the TV, but I got to be there. Even as a nipper, given the opportunity to watch Brighton vs anyone would trump even the most glitzy of top flight fixtures. I consider myself blessed to have always followed Brighton. Hopefully these JCLs can be converted and you never know their kids might be the diehards of the future.

All, well most kids have PL teams and '2nd' teams, always been that way. Even up to aged 16-17.

They kinda need to get it out their system themselves rather than have someone tell them to. Of course some never do, and are still walking around in Liverpool shirts aged 30+ with a distant cousin as justification, or the classic 'ive always supported them'.

It never happened to me because my dad dragged me along to games during some of the darkest times and I was hooked on the misery. If he hadn't, i'm sure I would have had a PL team as well so there's no bitterness from me, so long as they are committed now and won't have a relapse.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
All, well most kids have PL teams and '2nd' teams, always been that way. Even up to aged 16-17.

They kinda need to get it out their system themselves rather than have someone tell them to. Of course some never do, and are still walking around in Liverpool shirts aged 30+ with a distant cousin as justification, or the classic 'ive always supported them'.

It never happened to me because my dad dragged me along to games during some of the darkest times and I was hooked on the misery. If he hadn't, i'm sure I would have had a PL team as well so there's no bitterness from me, so long as they are committed now and won't have a relapse.

Yeah much the same. Glad they're fans now.

Hooked on the misery! That's a nice way of putting it! I went to a few at the Goldstone but first went regularly at the Priestfield. So I know the feeling!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here