Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Someone else using your ST when you can't make it ... [Uh oh. Post 43]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I see nothing wrong with that at all and would find it acceptable if I wanted to use it. and cannot see how anybody could find fault with it as it protects all concerned.

What it does show is how much NSC is either read or monitored by the club or an employee
Yes, it is acceptable assuming the level of ID is correct.

If someone has forgotten their season ticket and needs a print on the day, then it's reasonable to think they may have a bank card with them, but they are unlikely to have a passport or a utility bill in their pocket !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But this IS exactly the scheme that the Albion had in place, before the ticketing software changed. Of course it only became active in the event of a sell out so was not fully used.

News to me, but then on the rare occasions I can't attend, I just physically pass my ticket on to a mate for that game (and usually for a couple of pints in payment, I'm not fussed about charging full whack for it). And its an adult ticket obviously.

So they changed the ticketing software, and this removed a properly designed ticket exchange facility, like Fulhams ?

Genius.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Sadly this thread has brought to the club's attention the fact that some are abusing a service by using it in a way it wasn't intended for. .

"Abusing a service". What utter b*ll*cks - and then throwing in a load of examples that are totally irrelevant to this thread as a way of justifying it. Poor show. Very poor show.

Tell you what - why don't the club pull their fingers out of their arse and get a workable ticket exchange then instead of expending loads of energy trying to clamp down on alternatives fans have had to dream up in lieu of a scheme?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
News to me, but then on the rare occasions I can't attend, I just physically pass my ticket on to a mate for that game (and usually for a couple of pints in payment, I'm not fussed about charging full whack for it).

So they changed the software, and this took away a properly designed ticket exchange facility like Fulhams ?

Genius.

Cue Mr [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION]...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I would have thought this whole season ticket exchange idea would be looked at properly if we were to be promoted especially as just about everything else at the club seems to be run properly. They will want to maximise bums on seats when half the games are actual 30,000 sellouts.
[MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION], are there any plans in the pipeline?

Personally, I think this needs looking at properly whether we are promoted or not. Its potentially another revenue stream that the club are not currently tapping into. Even though a STH seat has already been sold, an empty seat on the day = zero matchday spend. And we ALL saw the gaps in a "sold out" game on Saturday.

It needs to be easy and straightforward. If all we have to do is go online and click a box, or ring the club to say "won't be attending", then that's the end of the transaction for the STH. The club then frees the seat up for general sale. Couldn't be simpler, could it ?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
It needs to be easy and straightforward. If all we have to do is go online and click a box, or ring the club to say "won't be attending", then that's the end of the transaction for the STH. The club then frees the seat up for general sale. Couldn't be simpler, could it ?

That does actually make sense.

Incidentally (and going slightly OT) @Tensy I wondered if you had noticed the change in the order/timing of the lights at Southern Cross? I reckon I can get through 50% of the time now, and prior to the change I managed it literally only once or twice in 5 years. Life changing stuff!

As you were.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Personally, I think this needs looking at properly whether we are promoted or not. Its potentially another revenue stream that the club are not currently tapping into. Even though a STH seat has already been sold, an empty seat on the day = zero matchday spend. And we ALL saw the gaps in a "sold out" game on Saturday.

Many wouldnt want the club to resell their ST seat if they cant attend but would be happy for a relative or friend to use it . I would suggest that the ST holder contact the club to say they are not attending and then the club offer to either e mail the print out ticket to the given e mail address of the person going to use so it includes travel or pick up at the stadium.

Using your system many would expect a refund if the seat was sold again which brings about problems

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Many wouldnt want the club to resell their ST seat if they cant attend but would be happy for a relative or friend to use it . I would suggest that the ST holder contact the club to say they are not attending and then the club offer to either e mail the print out ticket to the given e mail address of the person going to use so it includes travel or pick up at the stadium.

Using your system many would expect a refund if the seat was sold again which brings about problems

Great idea!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Sadly this thread has brought to the club's attention the fact that some are abusing a service by using it in a way it wasn't intended for. It's happened before: concession tickets being used by those over-age, tickets being sold on, ticket upgrades being over-used, supporters “holding” concession seats as cheap place holders, family stand seats being taken without children attending. All of those have resulted in changes to our policies and other fans are then inconvenienced. Again this will be the case as a result of what's been brought to light with this thread.

Moving forward, it will be club policy that:

No season ticket reprints will be done in advance
Reprints will only be available in person on the day
Matchday reprints will be £5 per ticket (paper) and with valid ID
Card reprints cost £15 per card for those that have permanently lost their cards

Also, we retain the right to refuse reprints, as these are at management discretion.

ticketcardinfo-thumb2-307x100px.jpg

7892ca2e0d912fc0998fc9de39b532e9.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That does actually make sense.

Incidentally (and going slightly OT) @Tensy I wondered if you had noticed the change in the order/timing of the lights at Southern Cross? I reckon I can get through 50% of the time now, and prior to the change I managed it literally only once or twice in 5 years. Life changing stuff!

As you were.

I've noticed that when travelling westbound, the filter lane for turning left (south) now stays GREEN when the northbound traffic is on the move, which makes PERFECT sense, and had been a bugbear of mine for years. Sitting there impotently in that left-turn lane on a red, when no traffic could go by anyway was a joke, and I've probably lost about 14 months of my life over the years doing exactly that. High time that was fixed.

Yes, it all seems to flow far better :thumbsup:

Anyway. On with the show.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Subject of course to the £5 admin charge.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Why ? That's exactly the point !

They've got my bank details, as I pay by Direct Debit. If they resold my seat, they could reimburse my £22 (or whatever an adult WSU seat works out at over a season), minus an admin charge. To keep it simple, they could stipulate that STH resales can only be for the original priceband (ie no concessions if its a resale on a full price STH adult ticket).

Where's the problem ?

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Oh well...

Back to the status quo of meeting outside with family/friends (saving £1.50) or leaving an empty seat if no takers.

All very well being Premier League Ready, Paul, but we are still in The Championship and have 2-5,000 seats empty at every game...!!! :)

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Sadly this thread has brought to the club's attention the fact that some are abusing a service by using it in a way it wasn't intended for. It's happened before: concession tickets being used by those over-age, tickets being sold on, ticket upgrades being over-used, supporters “holding” concession seats as cheap place holders, family stand seats being taken without children attending. All of those have resulted in changes to our policies and other fans are then inconvenienced. Again this will be the case as a result of what's been brought to light with this thread.

Moving forward, it will be club policy that:

No season ticket reprints will be done in advance
Reprints will only be available in person on the day
Matchday reprints will be £5 per ticket (paper) and with valid ID
Card reprints cost £15 per card for those that have permanently lost their cards

Also, we retain the right to refuse reprints, as these are at management discretion.

OK, so under the current system, I was able to 'give' (i.e. with no financial benefit to me, as I didn't charge anyone) our unused STH seats to friends in advance for a single match, as a favour. It actually cost me £10 (£5 x2) plus the time and petrol to get to the ticket office to get the ticket reprints. There was no 'abuse' involved, as I explained exactly what I was doing to the chap in the ticket office. But my friends benefited and enjoyed the match, the club was a tenner better off, and two seats that would otherwise have gone empty were occupied.
Under the new system that you describe, this will no longer be possible. I wouldn't have been able to get there in person on the day to arrange the reprint (if I had been able to I would have gone to the match myself!), so the seats would remain empty, and the club would have lost the tenner. Seems bonkers to me, or am I missing something?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here