Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jiri Skalak, 23yo Czech attacker, confirmed signing.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I'm delighted with this signing. A 23 year old international currently in the form of his life. I'm not interested in his goals per game ratio as he was developing. 16 games with 6 goals and 7 assists this season is what we should be looking at. Can't wait to see him.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm delighted with this signing. A 23 year old international currently in the form of his life. I'm not interested in his goals per game ratio as he was developing. 16 games with 6 goals and 7 assists this season is what we should be looking at. Can't wait to see him.

Exactly - I'd rather a player who's shown a rapid upward trajectory in goals and assists over his career, than someone who has plateaued already. With our new found creativity and pace he should get plenty of opportunities.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
In 40 games for his current club, he has:

Publication1.jpg

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Couldn't agree more. I can't believe there are people who claim to be underwhelmed by this. It shows how far we've come that some fans are now underwhelmed by signing a full international for a 6 figure fee. It also shows we have some very deluded fans

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
We've lost just four games, and apart from Boro, by just one goal. Those single goals were all defensive errors, but in each of those four defeats, we didn't score a single goal. Had we managed to score, three of those defeats could have been draws.
When we score a goal, we don't lose.

See you have put that 2-0 defeat at Rotherham right out of your mind (as we all have, one to forget...)!

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
This is the match OUR Jiri helps destroy Holland's hopes of playing in the Euros. He gets two assists, one being from a great free kick, and yes, he is very central for two of the goals.

http://footyroom.com/netherlands-2-3-czech-republic-2015-10/

Let's hope Holla is not Jiri's roommate!

I keep thinking McCormack when I see Jiri - am I wrong?

The main thing I take from watching that video is how good Skalak's movement is... for both the first two goals he held back at just the right time to have been able to receive the ball and potentially score should the scorers have passed.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Exciting times ahead especially when Bong is back to help load the wide men who in turn will set up he chances for the front men. Hopefully Jiri shouldn't be far off being fit to play for us so expect to see him on the bench for either Brentford or Bolton.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
I think the fact it was undisclosed has thrown people.

If they had said Skalak signed for £8m everyone would be creaming themselves just like when the fee's were branded about for JC and MB.... we have no idea if this guy was £1m or £10m which is a shame, but hes gotta be decent.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Exactly - I'd rather a player who's shown a rapid upward trajectory in goals and assists over his career, than someone who has plateaued already. With our new found creativity and pace he should get plenty of opportunities.

Exactly. People say about signing a Jamie Vardy, Vardy was just being signed by FC Halifax in the Northern Premier League at 23 years old. Fingers crossed this Skalak lad is very much on an upward trajectory. For every gem you have to have a lot more misses, and to be fair, we've had a few of those...

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I think the fact it was undisclosed has thrown people.

If they had said Skalak signed for £8m everyone would be creaming themselves just like when the fee's were branded about for JC and MB.... we have no idea if this guy was £1m or £10m which is a shame, but hes gotta be decent.

Quite, when was the last time we did actually sign someone and the fee wasnt undisclosed. Seems to be on trend at the moment.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
My Slavia-supporting friends here in Prague are a bit miffed, because they'd heard Slavia were in for him, and were really excited by the prospect -- even though he started his career at arch-rivals Sparta. I see that as a good sign.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Have [MENTION=14574]daveinprague[/MENTION] or [MENTION=21996]Czechmate[/MENTION] offered an opinion yet?

Only seen him on TV a couple of times. He looks strong. Was voted best player of the pre xmas stage of the season.. Czech colleagues impressed, and surprised he has gone to a 2nd Divsion team,, despite me explaining to them many times, that the Championship is a a different level to most 2nd Divisions, and showing them pictures of the Amex which is bigger than anything here.
I think Spartas ground only has a capacity of 19000. I think he will shine.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Only seen him on TV a couple of times. He looks strong. Was voted best player of the pre xmas stage of the season.. Czech colleagues impressed, and surprised he has gone to a 2nd Divsion team,, despite me explaining to them many times, that the Championship is a a different level to most 2nd Divisions, and showing them pictures of the Amex which is bigger than anything here.

I like this.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015

Cheers,.. I like the look of him, I dont think he is the out and out goalscorer we originally set out to buy this month, but his energy and trickery may just allow Hemed, Baldock, Zamora and the midfielders to express themselves goalwards a bit more..... he is experienced for a 23 year old too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here