Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lorry crashes into Christmas Market Berlin.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
" Insufficient evidence ".

A strange reason to let someone free considering the seriousness of the crime ?

I could understand if the police said they have let him go because of mistaken identity.

So if they are not sure he was involved or not and let him go, I would fully expect this guy to have full surveillance on him 24/7 and if he is involved he could lead them to who maybe also involved. That's the only reason why they would release him other than he is completely innocent I would imagine his DNA is not at the scene though.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
The idea that better off nations should turn their backs on hundreds of thousands of refugees because there might be a tiny percentage of nutters among them seems to me to go against all human decency. People that advocate that approach seem to be the first to say we're 'civilised' societies. Surely one measure of a civilised nation is demonstrating that compassion for others who, by sheer accident of birth, are not so fortunate. It could be us one day.

There are many, many, many people who arrived here as refugees or economic migrants (or whose immediate relatives did) who have made and continue to make a huge contribution to our society. What makes me more sick than a random nutter mercilessly killing people are cynical, hypocritical c**** like Farage who leap on that to further their own cause and reputation before the facts are even established.

How many "refugees" do you think will end up in Hove ? I'll tell you , a tiny amount or none at all , when it's YOUR local health authority or doctors surgery buckling under the strain, when its YOUR kids in a class with 60%of kids speaking English as a second language , when it's YOU who can't get social housing whilst "asylum seekers " do then I'll listen to you , meanwhile I'll continue to view you as someone who sits round a dinner table congratulating themselves on being compassionate and inclusive whilst never having their convictions tested.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
The idea that better off nations should turn their backs on hundreds of thousands of refugees because there might be a tiny percentage of nutters among them seems to me to go against all human decency. People that advocate that approach seem to be the first to say we're 'civilised' societies. Surely one measure of a civilised nation is demonstrating that compassion for others who, by sheer accident of birth, are not so fortunate. It could be us one day.

There are many, many, many people who arrived here as refugees or economic migrants (or whose immediate relatives did) who have made and continue to make a huge contribution to our society. What makes me more sick than a random nutter mercilessly killing people are cynical, hypocritical c**** like Farage who leap on that to further their own cause and reputation before the facts are even established.

Many of those refugees & descendants of all agree that enough is enough & while they are thankful for the free Pass they aren't willing to hand any more. Evidence taken from my many black & Asian work colleagues

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
How many "refugees" do you think will end up in Hove ? I'll tell you , a tiny amount or none at all , when it's YOUR local health authority or doctors surgery buckling under the strain, when its YOUR kids in a class with 60%of kids speaking English as a second language , when it's YOU who can't get social housing whilst "asylum seekers " do then I'll listen to you , meanwhile I'll continue to view you as someone who sits round a dinner table congratulating themselves on being compassionate and inclusive whilst never having their convictions tested.

Even at my sons school in central hove it's 50:50 English speaking & English as second language..

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
"This morning, on LBC radio, former UKIP leader Nigel Farage launched an outrageous attack on us, on Brendan Cox, husband of murdered MP Jo Cox, and by association on everyone who believes in HOPE not hate. Our lawyer has just sent Farage a letter demanding he retracts and publicly apologises or we will begin legal proceedings against him.

Help us take Nigel Farage to court. Please donate."

https://donate.hopenothate.org.uk/page/contribute/farage-to-court

Brendon Cox would appear have his own back catalogue of inappropriate behaviour, I doubt his shit don't stink.......

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/article4602218.ece

Not a defence of Farage just some balance if people are being taken to court for their actions.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

My Iranian friend lived in Hove until very recently. She came here in the 70s as a refugee when the Shah was overthrown by the Ayatollah. She isn't a Muslim but a practising Christian.

She has now gone to live in Greece helping with the Syrian refugees as she knows what it's like to lose everything and go somewhere completely different.
You don't know as much as you think you do.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
My Iranian friend lived in Hove until very recently. She came here in the 70s as a refugee when the Shah was overthrown by the Ayatollah. She isn't a Muslim but a practising Christian.

She has now gone to live in Greece helping with the Syrian refugees as she knows what it's like to lose everything and go somewhere completely different.
You don't know as much as you think you do.

Obviously not , your single example of your Iranian friend completely blows me out of the water, it's obviously relevant to hundreds of thousands being let in .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Obviously not , your single example of your Iranian friend completely blows me out of the water, it's obviously relevant to hundreds of thousands being let in .

It's just as relevant as one single terrorist in Germany amongst hundred of thousands let in.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Many of those refugees & descendants of all agree that enough is enough & while they are thankful for the free Pass they aren't willing to hand any more. Evidence taken from my many black & Asian work colleagues

I love it. Pull up the drawbridge. What a great attitude.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
It's just as relevant as one single terrorist in Germany amongst hundred of thousands let in.
One.single terrorist . Righto.......what about all the rapists and the indecent assaults that have since come to light ?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

And I'll continue to view you as someone who believes any old tripe they read in some of the press. If you think the strain on our social services is solely, or even largely, down to immigration and not through under-funding by our own Government then you've fallen for their guff. The vast majority of migrants pay tax. There's no reason why a larger population can't be met with an improvement in infrastructure, if there was the political will to do that - rather than demonise immigrants to cover for the failure of successive political parties who prefer vote-winning tax cuts to running the country properly.

Last edited:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I love it. Pull up the drawbridge. What a great attitude.

You have conspicuously failed to answer the question I gave you in post 262 about how many would end up in hove were the drawbridge to remain open ?

Edit just seen your answer.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
And I'll continue to view you as someone who believes any old tripe they read in some of the press. If you think the strain on our social services is solely, or even largely, down to immigration and not through under-funding by our own Government then you've fallen for their guff. The vast majority of migrants pay tax - so there's no reason why a larger population can't be met with an improvement in infrastructure, if there was the political will to do that - rather than demonise immigrants to cover for the failure of successive political parties.

None of what I have written is gleaned from the press , it's all .from personal experience of living in these areas , and if you think a "migrant" doing a minimum wage job covers his costs in health care, translators, education and housing you're deluded.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Brendon Cox would appear have his own back catalogue of inappropriate behaviour, I doubt his shit don't stink.......

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/article4602218.ece

Not a defence of Farage just some balance if people are being taken to court for their actions.

Thanks for that.

Did you hear what Farage was saying RE Cox? I'm used to his ridiculousness but this sounded like he'd been taking notes from his time with the President Elect. Totally over the top.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here