Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UPDATED: Adam El-Abd SIGNS for Bristol City

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Really sad that Adam and Ashley have gone

Two of my favourite players and both 110% committed to the cause

My sentiments as well. I'm very sorry to see both of them go.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Conflict.

???

tom-jones.jpg

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
I for one will feel safer in my adopted city, knowing that Adam El-Abd will be patrolling the streets looking to man handle anyone going anywhere he doesn't want them to go!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Shame he has left, but he deserves first team football which Bristol City will provide. He would have left next Summer anyway through lack of games anyway and he certainly wouldnt have been a Premier League player with us.

Hope a testimonial game can get organised, though with the reported issues between the club and AEA - i cant see it happening.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Will we now sign a new defender? Or are Dunk & Maksimenko seen as suitable backup....

Oscar recently said that players going out will be replaced. Make of that what you will.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Perhaps he wasn't happy with his cameo appearance in injury time to run the clock down against Brum and showed his displeasure by laying hands on the assistant head coach in the dressing room and was asked to stay away from training and cool his bananas? :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Maybe it was known he was leaving, and brought on at the end to give him his 300th league appearance ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Very unexpectedly I had a bit of a 'moment' on Saturday.

After the hand shakes, a thought, out of nowhere, popped into my head.
I realised I'll never again see AEA, in stripes, zig-zag running manically towards me, fists pumping, chest puffed out, stop, applaud, then return to his game face.

And that made me sad.

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
Very unexpectedly I had a bit of a 'moment' on Saturday.

After the hand shakes, a thought, out of nowhere, popped into my head.
I realised I'll never again see AEA, in stripes, zig-zag running manically towards me, fists pumping, chest puffed out, stop, applaud, then return to his game face.

And that made me sad.

well... that's put a downer on the evening. nice one :thumbsup:

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
For fighting according to the BBC text commentary!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
One of the guys who sits behind us at the Amex knows Adam well and, apparently, Adam is very unhappy at BC. Didn't want to leave, but wanted 1st team football.
At least the three year contract gives him some stability. Bristol City are a strange club, players never seem to improve for going there.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
El-Abd was never going to break into the team, and longer term, Dunk is a far better prospect and option. He has been solid when he has stepped in, so whatever money we got for El-Abd, looks good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here