Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UPDATED: Adam El-Abd SIGNS for Bristol City

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Good luck to the guy. Been an unexpectedly good servant to this club but I'd hate to see him waste away in the stiffs.
That, I suppose, is it in a nutshell. Much as it sad to see him go, it's better for him if he can get regular first team action without having to wait for people to get injured first. Best of luck AEA :thumbsup:

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Thanks for years of loyal good humoured service Adam and very good luck with the future.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

d30_04_2011-315.jpg

Last Game Withdean Index page 1

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Haven't read all the messages in this thread, but I heard that he didn't get on with Nathan Jones. Anyone know any more? I'd be furious if this is the real reason why he has left. **** off Jones!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
He is experienced and young enough to lead Bristol City out of the relegation zone and possibly a promotion challenge next season. I am sure he will become their cult hero and it is a great move for him.

Definitely captain material for them.

Seaford by the sea

Sep 29, 2008
seaford
Absolutely gutted. Big mistake letting him go. A true Albion legend. Unbelievable coup for bristol to get him. Good luck aea. Always labelled too short for a centre half but made up for it by sheer strength and defensive know how. Most improved player under Gus. Loved the way he concertina'd that defensive wall at the Amex to make room for us to score a free kick.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Who have we got as back-up in defence now? Adam was at least on a par with Greer.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Absolutely gutted. Big mistake letting him go. A true Albion legend. Unbelievable coup for bristol to get him. Good luck aea. Always labelled too short for a centre half but made up for it by sheer strength and defensive know how. Most improved player under Gus. Loved the way he concertina'd that defensive wall at the Amex to make room for us to score a free kick.

I remember thinking it was a Vicente wonder-strike then watching it again on telly and seeing AEA pushing the wall out the way.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Loved the way he wound up El Hadj Diouf when we played Leeds at the Amex last season.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Gutted! His commitment and passion were second to none.

Good luck Adam!

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I'll miss the classic pat the centre forward on the back of the head after every tackle. Really wound them up. I'm sure he will do well at City. Great signing for them. Surprised Charlton or Millwall were not interested in him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here