Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

9 Games Left - Loan Striker?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hoping for an announcement at 6pm of a signing after the window closes so too late for another club to combat this signing themselves. I wont however hold my breadth as I believe we are trying to get promoted on the cheap with what we have.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
It is not looking good to bring in someone so a case of the club havent learnt anything by the Bong Rosenior incidents. So what hope do we have?

Two hours until your "I-know-it-all bollocks" can be over for good.
You do not know more than Bloom and Hughton. You will never know more than Bloom and Hughton.

Murray was never coming. He will never be coming.
And we don't need another striker.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I hoping for an announcement at 6pm of a signing after the window closes so too late for another club to combat this signing themselves. I wont however hold my breadth as I believe we are trying to get promoted on the cheap with what we have.

I do not think £10million a year from TB as being 'on the cheap'. If you know of anybody else who is a supporter and willing to put that in each year put his name up here.

We have a strong squad which is certainly good enough.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not think £10million a year from TB as being 'on the cheap'. If you know of anybody else who is a supporter and willing to put that in each year put his name up here.

We have a strong squad which is certainly good enough.

Not saying that at all but the squad was assembled a a cost granted but now we are at the nitty gritty end of the season the club seem reluctant to spend to ensure promotion and have obviously learnt nothing from the situation in Nov/Dec. It could we ll be they have tried and EH has said No, in which case why not make it public and that they didnt consider anyone else suitable. Most supporters would accept that they at least tried. and not sat back and did the Nero. We have a strong enough squad barring injuries or suspensions to our strikers.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It could well be they have tried and EH has said No, in which case why not make it public and that they didnt consider anyone else suitable. Most supporters would accept that they at least tried..

"could well be" ???
so those endless stories in the Argus, The Sun, and elsewhere in the last month like this then have passed you by ?
"Albion remain interested in bringing striker Glenn Murray back to Sussex but his Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe holds the key to such a deal and is still unwilling to let him go."
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/14379426.Hughton_content_with_options_as_deadline_looms/
etc etc

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
We've scored lots of goals this season and Boro appear to have damaged their team by splurging millions on a striker to "get them over the line".

What ifs about injuries aside (and this could be applied to most teams and most positions) why do we need another striker anyway?

We'd be more screwed if Kayal got injured or suspended but nobody's clamoring for us to get someone better than him in as cover on loan (and good luck with that anyway).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Never let the truth or facts get in the way of a good BG know it all whinge
Nothing of the sort, it is an opinion , with no inside knowledge whatsoever, or are we not permitted such by the club cannot make mistakes brigade.

I have said and been slated for it that I believe the club/CH made a mistake when Bong got injured do not compound it by making another one now again just an opinion.

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Not saying that at all but the squad was assembled a a cost granted but now we are at the nitty gritty end of the season the club seem reluctant to spend to ensure promotion and have obviously learnt nothing from the situation in Nov/Dec. It could we ll be they have tried and EH has said No, in which case why not make it public and that they didnt consider anyone else suitable. Most supporters would accept that they at least tried. and not sat back and did the Nero. We have a strong enough squad barring injuries or suspensions to our strikers.

Who do we sign to ensure promotion?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I predict loads of threads to come on the permutations for the play offs. with the chances of automatic dimiinishing

Thats funny because instead of diminishing the existing squad of 24 (or 26 etc) have boosted their chances of automatic promotion virtually every single week since we lost to Rotherham on Jan 12, nearly 10 weeks ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here