Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ademola Lookman

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
With an offer for Gudmundsson accepted (2.5m + 1m add ons from Burnley) the Charlton fire sale has kicked off.

Lookman will most likely go to a 'Big Six' PL club for about 5m.

Others that I can't possibly see staying are DM Jordan Cousins (1.5m) who is still being linked with Albion, striker Tony Watt (1.5m) and CHTexeira (500k).

At least one GK from Henderson and Pope (c1m), winger Callum Harriot (500k) and left back Morgan Fox (500k) will probably go to.

How much of the 12m or so is reinvested in the squad is the big question in Charlton quarters...

Thanks. Can you cast any light on the winger/striker debate? My impression is that he's played on the left of the three in a 4-2-3-1 formation. But he might have played elsewhere within that, or the formation might have changed for specific situations.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks

Do you think he's ready for that or likely to then be loaned straight back out?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
5 million to a top 6 club in the prem? Blimey he's good but not that good and 5 million is way over priced.

It's the price these days. If the Nigels are willing to bid £30m+ for Benteke, then £5m for a young prospect isn't too far off.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Thanks. Can you cast any light on the winger/striker debate? My impression is that he's played on the left of the three in a 4-2-3-1 formation. But he might have played elsewhere within that, or the formation might have changed for specific situations.

He's mostly been used as a left winger (he's naturally left footed) but also as a playmaker/link between midfield and a lone striker.

Given his youth I'd expect that (if one of the big PL clubs snaps him up as expected) he'd likely be loaned out to Championship sides for the first season or two.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Very good player but not quite what we're after. We have the creativity and pace. I'd expect us to be in for another 15-20 goal a season type striker to stick the chances away.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Very good player but not quite what we're after. We have the creativity and pace. I'd expect us to be in for another 15-20 goal a season type striker to stick the chances away.

Think I disagree on this. We need another pacy/creative forward player. He's actually scored 5 in 23, which is not setting the world alight but it was for a relegated team in his first half season. Given the profile of our forwards and wingers, there's good age and experience there, what we need is probably a bit of youth, vitality and a bit of a wild card, and I think Lookman fits the bill on this. Whether he comes here is a different question.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Think I disagree on this. We need another pacy/creative forward player. He's actually scored 5 in 23, which is not setting the world alight but it was for a relegated team in his first half season. Given the profile of our forwards and wingers, there's good age and experience there, what we need is probably a bit of youth, vitality and a bit of a wild card, and I think Lookman fits the bill on this. Whether he comes here is a different question.

In terms of that we have Murphy (who can play CF), Knockaert, Baldock, Lua Lua, Skalak (not pacy but creative, can play upfront) and March to return. In terms of finishers we have Hemed when he's on form and Murray. So I'd restate my case.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
With an offer for Gudmundsson accepted (2.5m + 1m add ons from Burnley) the Charlton fire sale has kicked off.

Others that I can't possibly see staying are DM Jordan Cousins (1.5m) who is still being linked with Albion, striker Tony Watt (1.5m) and CHTexeira (500k).

At least one GK from Henderson and Pope (c1m), winger Callum Harriot (500k) and left back Morgan Fox (500k) will probably go to.

How much of the 12m or so is reinvested in the squad is the big question in Charlton quarters...

We missed a player there.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/41868

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here