Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Roar - 18/04/15 with guest Paul Barber

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He negotiated the sale of Ulloa for £8.5 million, for a player who cost us £2 million only 18 months earlier. He's done well on that score and on the remit that Tony Bloom has set him.

TB appointed the manager
TB appointed David Burke

I think it is oversimplistic to blame PB for things outside of his control area, such as Gary Dicker breaking Will Hoskins' leg, and scuppering the deal to re-sign Murray.

Did TB appoint Burke tho?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Topical one.

When you got rid of Gullys Girls, it was reported that you didn't think it was appropriate that they should be doing their stuff at the Amex. How do you feel about them being at the Dripping Pan next Friday?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Only just seen this, and many thanks.
1, after promotion to the Championship, and steady improvement thereafter, this season has seen a marked plummet. Do you agree with this analysis, and please provide a detailed response as to the reasons behind it.
2, how would you assess the performance of loanees, and B&HA's use of them. Would you want to differentiate between long-term (i.e. season-long) loans and short-term ones? Will we continue to be so heavily reliant on the loan market in the seasons ahead?
3, what is the one area on the pitch that you think needs improvement?
4, how should we view the Academy structure, and its ability to develop first-team squad players? What is a reasonable timescale in terms of such development?

I think you'll find that Mr Barber has NOTHING to do with anything connected to the playing side. I read it on here.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Looking at the current state and position of the club, just how on earth did he manage to get everything so goddam right?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Did he buy the REMF managers job with a set of kit, or was he asked because of his management skills?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Does he know how to get GOSBTS ringtone on his Nokia?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Out of interest how long is this edition with Paul Barber going be?

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
should be good

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
59 minutes & 30 seconds ...ish :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to this. I hope you ask my question as I know a number of other fans are also curious as to his exact roll.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does he (and Tony) ever feel like shouting "why are we even bothering" when faced with a continual barrage of negativity, even when things were going well?

(notice the past tense there)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here