chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
TB is a tough negotiator but credit to Paul Barber too who is "responsible for outgoing transfers" via
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/11352431.Ulloa_fee_could_hit_eight_figures/
Hmmm, I know I'm not giving PB enough credit, but having a high stakes poker player sitting at the top of the pyramid does make me wonder.

PB - Now Tony.
TB - wait a minute.
PB - Now Tony.
TB - wait a minute.
PB - Now Tony.
TB - wait a minute.
PB - Now Tony.
TB - wait a minute.
PR - Now Tony
TB - Now Paul.

Oh and how the hell can you read the Argus site.
All that pain doesn't seem to warrant just 'the truth'.
There must be something more in it for you, to put up with that torture.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Pace over a few yards,a good first touch,positional sense,quick with feet,he will do well higher up..It will mainly come down to attitude,whether he can settle up there and if he can stay injury free..

i'm not convinced he will do well in the prem. but one things for sure, he definitely isn't quick and rarely showed a good first touch.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
i'm not convinced he will do well in the prem. but one things for sure, he definitely isn't quick and rarely showed a good first touch.

Quite clearly he has something about him,even Palace who have a habit of getting decent strikers over the years were prepared to bid £5m..

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Great business. Now to spend it, and spend it wisely. Toxteth O'Grady is NOT the replacement.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Quite clearly he has something about him,even Palace who have a habit of getting decent strikers over the years were prepared to bid £5m..

you may be right. i generally liked his attitude and he often pleased me with what he did on the pitch. but probably too often for my liking his negative attributes frustrated me. maybe, being in a tougher division will bring the best out of him. it's a good deal for us and i wish him the best.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Some of the purchases were before Burke arrived such as Barnes, Noone and Bridcutt. Gus also made sure that he met players personally (as witnessed by CMS) even flying out to Spain several times to talk to Ulloa.

When Toko's signing was reported, his agent told the Argus that Burke had visited Switzerland

and all the plans he showed us were very impressive.

I think these days, probably more than ever before, it is a collective effort in "selling" the club to a prospective signing.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
This constant "how much of that will be spent on the squad" is very boring. The answer can only be "As much as we can afford". To be honest if any one of us had stuck the fat end of £120m into a football club and then people whinged when a player sells for £8-10m that's it's not all going back into the club then I'd get very peeved!

Aside from commissions, sell on fees, legals and everything else I'd want some of it going into the general fund to reduce the clubs debt.

This is a quality piece of business and I, for one, fully support TB, PB and the club and see the future as very bright and sustainable ... how many clubs can say that?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
This constant "how much of that will be spent on the squad" is very boring. The answer can only be "As much as we can afford". To be honest if any one of us had stuck the fat end of £120m into a football club and then people whinged when a player sells for £8-10m that's it's not all going back into the club then I'd get very peeved!

Aside from commissions, sell on fees, legals and everything else I'd want some of it going into the general fund to reduce the clubs debt.

This is a quality piece of business and I, for one, fully support TB, PB and the club and see the future as very bright and sustainable ... how many clubs can say that?

I think the club will spend it only if the right player/players become available. They wont just spunk it on anyone Spurs style.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Got to say originally I thought 8M - that's a good deal all round but having now watched many of his goals on YouTube I'm feeling slightly sad that he's leaving, football is football every player has a price and 8M for him is a great deal but I will miss Leo massively if I'm honest, let's hope his replacement is at the same standard.

Thanks for the goals Leo & especially this one:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Got to say originally I thought 8M - that's a good deal all round but having now watched many of his goals on YouTube I'm feeling slightly sad that he's leaving, football is football every player has a price and 8M for him is a great deal but I will miss Leo massively if I'm honest, let's hope his replacement is at the same standard.

Thanks for the goals Leo & especially this one:

One of the great days that was, and my 10 year old daughters first away game. Never tire of watching it.

It was the last time I got to sing 'Who's that Man for Argentina' in anger, as I was on holiday during the playoffs, and I'm pretty sure it was sung for the first time the previous season away at Forest.

Maybe its for the best that thats my last memory of the great man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here