Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Conservative Party leadership contest [Gove to run against Boris (oh, wait)]

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
No sign of Boris yet... maybe he is going to support Gove ?... then try to pick up the reins after the Poison Dwarf has negotiated for Brexit and we find the only deal is a crap deal ?
I think we'll get a much better deal than people think. Remember the EU need to sell into the UK every bit as much as we do to them. I also think that May as PM won't be a hindrance - she was never a 'die in a ditch' remainer and will make sure we have a good negotiating team. If we don't start the process until December the whole climate may well have changed - as more countries have elections and more 'leave' pressure is applied. They could be desperate to get rid of us at any price.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I reckon Gove is only running to take out Boris. I don't think he's expecting to win, but he can scupper the buffoon.

Stephen Crabb is an interesting candidate. Born in Scotland, lived in Wales, bought up on a council estate. He has a strong belief in welfare (despite being a Tory) given his family survived on it for sometime. If Blair was Tory-lite, Crabb may well be Labour-lite.

Could have wide reaching appeal for those rejecting the elite, but unlikely the party will elect such a down to earth character.

Is he the one who thinks that homosexuality is an illness that can be cured?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
surely this post merits moving this thread to the other stuff....she is clearly female and i can see curvature under the jumper that screams "PERT BREAST".....!!

It seems that people voted 'remain' or 'leave' for a lot of different reasons, Britain's had enough of experts, so all my future voting intentions will now be influenced, though not entirely based, on the attractiveness of women if they are candidates. I want free movement to remain for a lot of reasons, but I am being perfectly honest when I say that Eastern European women is one of them.

In my opinion Amber Rudd is actually more attractive than the Labour candidate, Sarah Owen pictured below, who she defeated in the Hastings & Rye seat at last years general election. If I ran into either on the concourse of the West Upper, Amber Rudd would be my preferred Harvey's drinking partner.

sarahowen-1.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I don't know, I think the link is that he hired interns through the Christian Action Research and Care charity which has sponsored events which refer to being 'sexually broken', and was an intern himself through the group? He definitely voted against gay marriage though.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Boris has about 20 minutes to declare that he's standing. Is he having a second thoughts or going for a last minute dramatic announcement?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
The toffs will be fighting amongst themselves for career ambition whilst the country which is needing leadership at the moment suffers, there is only one man at the moment showing the leadership that the country needs right now and that is Jeremy Corbyn

How is your parallel universe today? Everything still good?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
On this forum can we please refer to Liam Fox by his correct title of 'disgraced former Defence Seceretary Liam Fox' to avoid confusing him with any decent Liam Foxes out there.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No sign of Boris yet... maybe he is going to support Gove ?... then try to pick up the reins after the Poison Dwarf has negotiated for Brexit and we find the only deal is a crap deal ?

Well well well ....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

i gather that he has had a soundbite attributed to him, from an group he has an association with. i cant tell if he actually ever said it. i'd be as much concerned with the association to a nutter religious group.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Boris isn't standing

FFS beaten to it!

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i say with some relish... i told you so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here