Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Conservative Party leadership contest [Gove to run against Boris (oh, wait)]

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Interesting that Gove who initially was (according to reports) going to back Boris has decided to stand. That suggests to me that he has sought assurances that Brexit commitments will be delivered/red lines and got some rather unsatisfactory answers.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
May would be my first choice, although I still don't officially trust her with the Investigative Powers Bill. Gove is a gimp. Boris is a buffoon.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Rats in a sack or what?!!

I think I'll order the UK version of House of Cards

What this country needs is Francis Urquhart.

urquhart-300x225.jpg

"You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment" ..

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Suddenly I think that Brexit will be all right now, we'll send a couple of gunboats up The Rhine and The Seine and they'll soon see sense.

Of course it will be. We've got a fleet of Dreadnoughts and we rule the waves and the world. We can tell Johnny foreigner in Brussels that if they don't give us exactly what we want, we've got millions of sons in our empire who will fight them for Queen and country.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Boris seems to be flip flopping now about whether he is standing. Guess we'll know at 12.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
May just said " No triggering of Article 50 until the government is sure on it's negotiating position ....that will probably be at the end of the year ".... looks like Brexiteers will have to wait a little bit longer.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Of course it will be. We've got a fleet of Dreadnoughts and we rule the waves and the world. We can tell Johnny foreigner in Brussels that if they don't give us exactly what we want, we've got millions of sons in our empire who will fight them for Queen and country.

And we are saluting them today and tomorrow with M. F Hollande .

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
May would be my first choice, although I still don't officially trust her with the Investigative Powers Bill. Gove is a gimp. Boris is a buffoon.

to be fair, it isnt "her" bill, its the Home Office's, they've been reheating and trying to get it through various Home Secretaries for the last 15 years.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The toffs will be fighting amongst themselves for career ambition whilst the country which is needing leadership at the moment suffers, there is only one man at the moment showing the leadership that the country needs right now and that is Jeremy Corbyn

Arguable. If you can't unite your party under your leadership, you are no leader of any note.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'd vote for Amber Rudd, because having seen her in person, she is, just like Felicity Kendal, sweetly pretty.

Amber-Rudd.jpg

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

She's a quality bird is May. Totally against human rights. Just the PM this country needs. She'll be deporting those bloody foreigners in no time.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'd vote for Amber Rudd, because having seen her in person, she is, just like Felicity Kendal, sweetly pretty.

I seem to remember you saying one reason you voted remain was for better access to eastern European ladies ...

Your voting intentions seem to be overly influenced by your libido. :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here