Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SASTA - what an absolute shower

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
1749 to three bridges delayed by half an hour because they couldn't find a driver. Feeble. Doubly so because the guard told us the driver's in bound train was cancelled at Haywards Heath. Which means THEY HAD AN HOUR OR SO TO FIND AN ALTERNATIVE FKING DRIVER AND DIDN'T BOTHER.

There surely isn't a more incompetent firm in the country. Utter fking bell-ends.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And please, I dont ever want to read on here from some utter prick who doesn't use the trains that it was as bad in the BR days. It clearly wasn't, certainly when it came to logistics and service anyway. There was a dire lack of investment in the stock and track, but everything else was FAR better.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
During the nationalised days of BR...............

Oh hang on

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It's got to the point whereby if I'm flying from Gatwick, I'll get a train from Preston Park about four hours before my flight time, even though its only supposed to be half an hour up the track. Just don't trust these buggers an inch anymore and always factor in the likelihood of them up-furking. Which they will do given half a chance, anytime you rely on them to get you anywhere that is time-critical, no matter how pitifully straightforward the journey.

And that is the thing ! If passengers can't trust a rail service to get them somewhere critical like for a flight in a timely manner, confidence is gone. Sadly nothing will happen to rectify this

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
1749 to three bridges delayed by half an hour because they couldn't find a driver. Feeble. Doubly so because the guard told us the driver's in bound train was cancelled at Haywards Heath. Which means THEY HAD AN HOUR OR SO TO FIND AN ALTERNATIVE FKING DRIVER AND DIDN'T BOTHER.

The only thing that gets people to/from work in this part of the country most of the time is the sheer volume of trains. There's no way you could ever rely on a specific train, you just jump on the one that randomly arrives that's going in the general direction you require. You end up, more often than not, just train-hopping up/down the line, edging ever-closer to your final destination. It's pitiful really.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
It's got to the point whereby if I'm flying from Gatwick, I'll get a train from Preston Park about four hours before my flight time, even though its only supposed to be half an hour up the track. Just don't trust these buggers an inch anymore and always factor in the likelihood of them up-furking. Which they will do given half a chance, anytime you rely on them to get you anywhere that is time-critical, no matter how pitifully straightforward the journey.

TBH 4 hours from Preston Park to Gatwick is cutting a bit fine , I always give it 5 hours

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And please, I dont ever want to read on here from some utter prick who doesn't use the trains that it was as bad in the BR days. It clearly wasn't, certainly when it came to logistics and service anyway. There was a dire lack of investment in the stock and track, but everything else was FAR better.

What about an utter prick saying it wouldn't happen in Germany?

Weatherman

Jun 10, 2008
Maybe because there are far more services running now and on the same amount of track than in BR days exacerbates the disruption due to signalling problems etc.. Think what it's goung to be like in the future with the ever increasing population and more services needed.

Weatherman

Jun 10, 2008
While I was waiting for a train from Preston park to Burgess Hill about 2pm today they announced that the westbound line had been snookered by some kind of line blocking shit between Shoreham and Hove, buses accepting train tickets blah blah etc. So basically the SASTA tvvats managed this afternoon, via a pincer movement from all three directions, to completely cut off B&H from the rest of the region. They really are beneath contempt.
There is a perfectly good bus service to Burgess Hill, 4 an hour i think. If you are actually near Preston Park then it would save the walk to the station.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Eventually got to HH to pick up and Eastbound train, then that was delayed due to a passenger being taken ill........paramedics took him out of the station on a stretcher. Can't blame SASTA or NR for that but it feels like a conspiracy sometimes.
[MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] - hear what you say, and could be my memory, but overall I'm really not sure whether things are better or worse. The trains now are more comfortable and modern, but seem to break down just as much (more electronics to go wrong I guess), the infrastructure seems as fragile as ever (why so many signal failures ?) and the organisation and availability of staff seems worse, apart from the lack of strikes which blighted my early commuting years. All in all, it used to be shit, and is still shit.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There is a perfectly good bus service to Burgess Hill, 4 an hour i think. If you are actually near Preston Park then it would save the walk to the station.

Preston Park to Burgess Hill is ten minutes on the train. Should be an absolute no-brainer. Still never leave the house before checking National Rail 'Live Departures' to check for screw-ups. It's just second nature by now.

Weatherman

Jun 10, 2008
Preston Park to Burgess Hill is ten minutes on the train. Should be an absolute no-brainer. Still never leave the house before checking National Rail 'Live Departures' to check for screw-ups.

At that time of day it's only 15-20 minutes on the bus.,

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I think youre right, if my memory serves me correctly i dont ever remember it being this bad.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Incompetent ****ing ********s. As for the broke down train in Hove just ****ing shunt it back to brighton you utter cretins. Oh no block up the line. FOUR HOURS later and still using it as an excuse.

And as for the signal failure network rail go **** yourself as well wankers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here