Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SASTA - what an absolute shower

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Here we go again. 1730 & 1800 Vic to Btn both cancelled already tonight. Shortage of train crew.

And the Southern Rail website has the ****ING NERVE to say "good service"

Because by their ****ing definition it IS a good service.

WANKERS

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do you wear your manbag or strap it to your bike whilst riding to work HT ?

Probably just puts it in the wicker basket

If it's a work journey my man-purse, and other bits and bobs, go in the rear pannier. Non-work it's the man-bag diagonally across the torso (I can almost hear the ladies murmuring at the very thought of this)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Outstanding work there SASTA!

The timetable really is just a rough guideline only, not somehting that has to be adhered too.

SASTA could solve all these delays by simply not having a timetable. They could use a similar model to ARGOS, when you turn up at the station you get given a number and when your train is ready the number comes up on the screen. "Passenger number 439, please go to your platform".

Jul 7, 2003
I heard that it's such an outstanding work of fiction that it's a contender for the Booker prize this year

Would they get the prize for fiction or fantasy?

Definition of fiction

noun: fiction; plural noun: fictions

1. literature in the form of prose, especially novels, that describes imaginary events and people.

synonyms: novels, stories, creative writing, imaginative writing, works of the imagination, prose literature, narration, story telling; More
romance, fable
"the traditions of British fiction"

2. something that is invented or untrue.
"they were supposed to be keeping up the fiction that they were happily married"
synonyms: fabrication, invention, lies, fibs, concoction, untruth, falsehood, fantasy, fancy, illusion, sham, nonsense; More

Definition of Fantasy

noun: fantasy

1. the faculty or activity of imagining impossible or improbable things.
"his researches had moved into the realms of fantasy"

synonyms: imagination, creativity, fancy, invention, originality, vision, speculation, make-believe, daydreaming, reverie

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I wish that just once in a while they would **** up the service in the morning so I could not bother going to London instead of ****ing up every night when I'm trying to get back.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Strange I has a faultless journey home, 17:27 changed at the Heath and 18:22 on time to Shoreham.

I feel almost cheated as I cannot rant about late train running

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
My train this morning was cancelled due to lack of available train crew. Fortunately a driver who is very helpful and on twitter let folk know as getting anything out of Southern pre 7am just won't happen. I won't share the tweet as I don't want to get the guy in trouble but he basically admitted Southern scheduled a driver who is on holiday to drive said train.

Muppets!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
My train this morning was cancelled due to lack of available train crew. Fortunately a driver who is very helpful and on twitter let folk know as getting anything out of Southern pre 7am just won't happen. I won't share the tweet as I don't want to get the guy in trouble but he basically admitted Southern scheduled a driver who is on holiday to drive said train.

Muppets!

It is piss poor and stinks of poor planning. All week, just a coincidence it is half term, there is suddenly lack of crew again just like over Christmas!

To be fair they did declassify first class on the 07.19 from West Worthing to VIC

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The trouble is, SASTA get away with something that up-furks their customers majorly. There's no meaningful repercussions. Then they try to get away with something a little bit more up-furkery, that would be unacceptable in any other industry. Again there's no meaningful repercussions. Who could blame them for assuming that they can run trains as and when they see fit, with no meaningful repercussions? And if there are, they can always just toss in their franchise and let the taxpayer pay for their abject failure to perform. Same as the banks really.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
It is piss poor and stinks of poor planning. All week, just a coincidence it is half term, there is suddenly lack of crew again just like over Christmas!

To be fair they did declassify first class on the 07.19 from West Worthing to VIC

Is there any purpose in having a first-class carriage? Aside from milking eye-watering amounts of money from gullible passengers?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Muppets!

Not surprised, they got rid of all the roster clerks who had been doing the job for years and knew what they were doing to save money by amalgamating jobs with the new franchise and creating chaos with people who don't know what they're doing

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Is there any purpose in having a first-class carriage? Aside from milking eye-watering amounts of money from gullible passengers?

Well it certainly guarantees a seat further up the line e.g Hassocks as you wil probably be standing otherwise to London. But overall I would argue no it isnt. For short commuter routes it should be done away with. or one small section.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Muppets!

A friend of mine had their train cancelled for the same reason this morning (possibly the same one). I repsume as it's half term the drivers are off looking after their kids. There has been at least one cancelled Brighton train at Gatwick pretty much every night for the last week or so for one reason or another during the rush hour period. The 18.07 from Gatwick is also quite often a five rather than ten carriage service (no idea why). It might not sound much, but when it happens virutually every day it does grate. That so much can go wrong (outside of the ubiquitous signal failures etc) during the PEAK commuting time is quite staggering to me. There seems to be no real urgency or desire on behalf of Southern (a private monopoly on that route) to provide a remotely reliable service.

Have to get an early train to gatwick for the cardiff trip on saturday and am getting concerned about that now.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
15.47 VIC to Littlehampton is about 5mins late... So now going fast from Worthing to Littlehampton . Wankers

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well it certainly guarantees a seat further up the line e.g Hassocks as you wil probably be standing otherwise to London. But overall I would argue no it isnt. For short commuter routes it should be done away with. or one small section.

Cost about 50% more I think ? With all the cancellations and delays it doesn't even guarantee a seat from what I can see - even if it's not declassified, no guard/inspector is going to do a ticket check on a rammed train. I genuinely can't remember the last time my ticket was checked on a Southern service, although Thameslink still do now and again. I always get a seat in the morning (from Wivelsfield) but go in early - anything after about 7.15am would often mean standing.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Not surprised, they got rid of all the roster clerks who had been doing the job for years and knew what they were doing to save money by amalgamating jobs with the new franchise and creating chaos with people who don't know what they're doing

What he said. It's not just roster clerks though. It's rife in every grade.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here