• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Exactly, over a third of the Mantis Shrimps votes came in one single bout.

That indicated the level of skullduggery it took to rob the HB of it's deserved crown in 2014.

Whoa.

You can't be both official WHC statistician and a lobbyist. Your current stance is akin to the ONS releasing a report on unemployment and having a conclusion that reads "...these numbers would be better if <insert political party of choice> were in power".

It's not on. Get back in your box, stato.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Matches or Leagues WON
Salt Water Crocodile25
Honey Badger22
Hippo15
Polar Bear13
Orca11
Great White7
Bengal Tiger5
Mantis Shrimp5
Grizzly Bear5
Wolverine4

I'm sorry. I should have made myself clearer. It's winning, IN THE FINAL, that counts.

I can't remember the stats for how many FINALS the cuddly badger has won. You, being the official WHC statistician, can presumably refresh my memory. I'd be obliged....

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Matches or Leagues WON
Salt Water Crocodile25
Honey Badger22
Hippo15
Polar Bear13
Orca11
Great White7
Bengal Tiger5
Mantis Shrimp5
Grizzly Bear5
Wolverine4

These stats only mean anything if you average the number of wins per tournament. Unfair on the Wolverine, for example, who has only been noticed in more recent competitions.

The fact is, in every competition the HB has been involved in, there has always been at least one creature considered to be harder than it. What your stats are saying is either:

- Many people like the honey badger, but when it comes down to it, not enough think it is hard enough to go all the way, or:

- More people think that the HB is not hard than people who do.

Both valid opinions.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Whoa.

You can't be both official WHC statistician and a lobbyist. Your current stance is akin to the ONS releasing a report on unemployment and having a conclusion that reads "...these numbers would be better if <insert political party of choice> were in power".

It's not on. Get back in your box, stato.

Ha! Good point.

Count me out for official statistician; I have to get behind my Badger.

Great to see the surge in votes by the way - The Sun Bear is running scared and I'm sensing that the Honey Badger is closing in on another memorable victory. Once again, the people's champion absolutely brings the competition to life.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Ha! Good point.

Count me out for official statistician; I have to get behind my Badger.

Great to see the surge in votes by the way - The Sun Bear is running scared and I'm sensing that the Honey Badger is closing in on another memorable victory. Once again, the people's champion absolutely brings the competition to life.

Fair enough.

Then you'll have no desire to comment on this stat:

Over the course of WHC history the badger has lost more matches and garnered fewer votes than the Mantis Shrimp. The Shrimp has demonstrated time and time again that it is considerably harder than a badger - not least by actually winning the competition.

Remember now, you've resigned your stato post...

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
These stats only mean anything if you average the number of wins per tournament. Unfair on the Wolverine, for example, who has only been noticed in more recent competitions.

The fact is, in every competition the HB has been involved in, there has always been at least one creature considered to be harder than it. What your stats are saying is either:

- Many people like the honey badger, but when it comes down to it, not enough think it is hard enough to go all the way, or:

- More people think that the HB is not hard than people who do.

Both valid opinions.

AnimalWinsPlayedWin%
Polar Bear1313100%
Salt Water Crocodile273479%
Honey Badger243275%
Mantis Shrimp61060%
Hippo173253%
Orca112250%
Great White71547%
Wolverine61443%
Grizzly Bear51338%
Bengal Tiger51828%

(only including those with 5+ 'wins')

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
AnimalWinsPlayedWin%
Polar Bear1313100%
Honey Badger243275%
Mantis Shrimp61060%
Hippo173253%
Orca112250%
Great White71547%
Wolverine61443%
Grizzly Bear51338%
Bengal Tiger51828%

WTF happened to:

Count me out for official statistician

*Sigh* You're just another devious, manipulative badgerista. And some people have the nerve to complain about the tactics of those who support the bear-thingy.

EDIT: Since you've been exposed for the charlatan you clearly are, we have no choice but to conclude that your so-called stats are nothing more than the ramblings of a badger-obsessed deluded mind, and must therefore be ignored; possibly expunged from the record. I pity you.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
AnimalWinsPlayedWin%
Polar Bear1313100%
Honey Badger243275%
Mantis Shrimp61060%
Hippo173253%
Orca112250%
Great White71547%
Wolverine61443%
Grizzly Bear51338%
Bengal Tiger51828%

With the Polar Bear banned from entry and now with you highlighting these figures, it's probably about time we renamed this the "world's 2nd hardest creature world cup".

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah I agree [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] - it's high time the Polar Bear made another appearance. I seem to recall GNLF saying something to this effect.

Anyway, while all this is happening, this has become the 4th most popular QF (by votes) of all time. I don't even need to say which animal has appeared in all of the other three.

#boxoffice

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Yeah I agree [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] - it's high time the Polar Bear made another appearance. I seem to recall GNLF saying something to this effect.

Anyway, while all this is happening, this has become the 4th most popular QF (by votes) of all time. I don't even need to say which animal has appeared in all of the other three.

#boxoffice

Perhaps the occasion of WHC X should be a one-off contest involving only previous champions?

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
The more I think about it, the more I think it's good idea. The format could be different, with 9 champions, 8 rounds, every champion is involved in each round, the one with the lowest number of votes is eliminated.

What say you, [MENTION=635]Gary Nelson's Left Foot?[/MENTION]

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
"Honey badgers often become serious poultry predators. Because of their strength and persistence, they are difficult to deter. They are known to rip thick planks from hen-houses or burrow underneath stone foundations. Surplus killing is common during these events".

ie, they attack defenceless birds that cannot escape for a laugh. Oh yeah, well hard :facepalm:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
1) What a match up! [MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION] is quite correct, the honey badger is pure Box Office.

2) The Polar Bear is 100% coming back next year. It's the tenth anniversary edition of the WHC so the ultimate competitor is back in. Plus I'm planning on it being my last WHC so if no one else picks up the baton it needs to be a WHC with a full comliment of beasts.

3) Format for WHC X is still undecided. WHC IX is warming up nicely so all my attention is on that for now.

4) Matt's amazing stats highlight one thing to me and that's how down right brilliant the Croc is. If the croc had the same kind of hipster vocal fanboys that the honey badger has he'd be smoking cigars with the Polar Bear in the hall of fame.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
4) Matt's amazing stats highlight one thing to me and that's how down right brilliant the Croc is. If the croc had the same kind of hipster vocal fanboys that the honey badger has he'd be smoking cigars with the Polar Bear in the hall of fame.

Word

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
1) What a match up! [MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION] is quite correct, the honey badger is pure Box Office.

2) The Polar Bear is 100% coming back next year. It's the tenth anniversary edition of the WHC so the ultimate competitor is back in. Plus I'm planning on it being my last WHC so if no one else picks up the baton it needs to be a WHC with a full comliment of beasts.

3) Format for WHC X is still undecided. WHC IX is warming up nicely so all my attention is on that for now.

I, or I am sure many others would be willing to take the baton. This competition will not die.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here