Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we going to make a loan signing?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ronaldinho? You genuinely couldn't make it up. Where and why do you read this bollocks, BG?

I can't find this rumour anywhere, have you got a link?

I did say I found it funny but according to my son it was on Sky Sports Transfer Rumours.

Don't you think he may be winding you up?

What is Sky Transfer Rumours? Is he meaning a website or TV or what?

Something tells me he's winding you up as there's no such rumour on that site..?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ronaldinho? You genuinely couldn't make it up. Where and why do you read this bollocks, BG?

I can't find this rumour anywhere, have you got a link?

I did say I found it funny but according to my son it was on Sky Sports Transfer Rumours.

Don't you think he may be winding you up?

Ipresume it is on the Sky sports on the TV because he took Sky Sports on a cheap deal to include the Burnely and QPR game.

He was definitely winding you up BG.

Indeed. If that was on Sky TV there would have been 10 threads in the space of 2 minutes on here and plenty of national coverage :lol:

I do however, feel that you've taken the parody account one step too far this time and many others will now rumble you :lol: [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] will confirm... :thumbsup:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just spoken to him it was on the sky sports website click on rumours and it was there in the middle of last week after the Unicef game. It said big surprise for Brighton fans as they are trying to bring in Ronaldhinio on a short contract to the end of season. and he is considering it as he has always wanted to play in England. Mind you England or Brazil in January February not contest for me.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I see a temporary left back as being the most urgent in view of the more difficult away fixtures coming up. Striker can wait until January.

I think that's a reasonable view but somewhere we have to turn these draws into wins. Better lose one and win one than draw two games.............. Our defence is excellent as it stands although without Bong's left foot it maybe doesn't contribute enough going forward and our centre backs offer no threat in the opponents' box. Overall we lack creativity and we lack goals.
Someone who can play a fast and accurate forward pass; someone who can make something of free kicks and corners; and someone who can score goals consistently are the priorities. No reason it can't be one man but unlikely to be a fullback.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Why would we get another left back?

Rosenior's been fine, plus we have cover in Calde and Chicksen. Granted they're not AMAZING.

If it was a forward, then as a short term loan the usual candidates are (1) Old guy who is Ex Premier League or (2) Youngun who is unproven but promising

We already have (1) and TONS of (2)

I expect to be underwhelmed

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ronaldinho wasn't interested until he found out there might be a chance of finally fulfilling his lifelong ambition of playing just behind Matt Derbyshire.

:tosser: I have explained many times my logic behind Matt Derbyshire whether you agree or not is up to you, as far as the Sky rumour I laughed it off so perhaps you should.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think that's a reasonable view but somewhere we have to turn these draws into wins. Better lose one and win one than draw two games.............. Our defence is excellent as it stands although without Bong's left foot it maybe doesn't contribute enough going forward and our centre backs offer no threat in the opponents' box. Overall we lack creativity and we lack goals.
Someone who can play a fast and accurate forward pass; someone who can make something of free kicks and corners; and someone who can score goals consistently are the priorities. No reason it can't be one man but unlikely to be a fullback.

It looks to me that without a left back it is a crisis in the making. We might be able to beat Birmingham and Charlton without a new striker. Mee is on four yellows so Stephen Ward won't be coming.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why would we get another left back?

Rosenior's been fine, plus we have cover in Calde and Chicksen. Granted they're not AMAZING.

If it was a forward, then as a short term loan the usual candidates are (1) Old guy who is Ex Premier League or (2) Youngun who is unproven but promising

We already have (1) and TONS of (2)

I expect to be underwhelmed

That is not true is it? LR was very good defending which is his prime job, but wasnt able to release Murphy very often as it was on his wrong foot and he could not go outside of the defenders. A natural left footer would have been able to do so but could we find one who can defend as well as LR?

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That is not true is it? LR was very good defending his prime job, but wasnt able to release Murphy very often as it was on his wrong foot and he could not go outside of the defenders.

Exactly. Liam is doing an adequate job, but nothing more, plus we have lost something by not having him on the right.

In terms of Chicksen or Caldy as a LB, not a chance, I'd move Bruno over before I played either of those two.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Exactly. Liam is doing an adequate job, but nothing more, plus we have lost something by not having him on the right.

In terms of Chicksen or Caldy as a LB, not a chance, I'd move Bruno over before I played either of those two.

Glad somebody else can see it; I hope it happens before Thursday because LR would be a great asset at Right Midfield against Derby. I agree and wonder why CH didnt try Goldson at right back in the U21s to have a look, unless he has somebody lined up to come in

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Glad somebody else can see it; I hope it happens before Thursday because LR would be a great asset at Right Midfield against Derby. I agree and wonder why CH didnt try Goldson at right back in the U21s to have a look, unless he has somebody lined up to come in

Good call, we really will need him at Derby on the right, I just don't think Solly offers the same cover defensively.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
That is not true is it? LR was very good defending which is his prime job, but wasnt able to release Murphy very often as it was on his wrong foot and he could not go outside of the defenders. A natural left footer would have been able to do so but could we find one who can defend as well as LR?

If there happens to be a decent left back kicking around who is happy to come for four months then yeah great. BUT last time I checked there's not many of them kicking about...... In any case I doubt there will be anyone available who has more experience than Rosenior in that position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here