Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
People who know they are wrong rarely admit it.
Its grown up to admit you and the other leavers have been sucked in, sold a pup and made a huge mistake.
I doubt your sort will own up through ignorance but at least tell me what is undemocratic about a 2nd referendum at the end as nobody knew this farce was going to happen.

I thought for a moment you were admitting you were wrong :lolol:.The ignorance seems to emanate from the remain side,like the stench of anti-semitism around Labour.As for a 2nd referendum,I will leave you with the defining quote from that corruptly derived,bordering on illegality, piece of propaganda sent to every household."The EU referendum is a once in a generation decision.",not you will note the first in a series till the whiners get the result they want,and sod the majority!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Hardly Bond are you!

I know people in civilian jobs that fly up to four sometimes five times a week. It's easy to rack up if you work accounts or procurement.

Anybody that has to fly that amount must be an absolute drain on their business,or department.Who can possibly need to fly that much?It is totally unjustifiable on the carbon footprint alone.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It doesn’t surprise me at all that you do not know, or mix with, any frequent flyers.

I used to know quite a few witches-there were loads in the WRNS and the WRAC!:lolol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Given the culture vulture he pretended he is...No doubt he was off to Italy for some opera? :lolol:

Yeah,culture-lots of screeching written by a bloke called Joe Green.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Five Labour MPs in the NorthEast have seen the light,and decided to represent their constituents rather than toeing the party line.
Not a single job will be lost promised Corbyn! He lied.

I think you mean five Labour MPs have decided to follow their own beliefs rather than represent what their constituents voted for.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Anybody that has to fly that amount must be an absolute drain on their business,or department.Who can possibly need to fly that much?It is totally unjustifiable on the carbon footprint alone.

Just another example, as if one were required, that you don't have a clue how the world works.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
14 months in, 10 to go and still no sign of this "good deal" we were promised by the Leavers.

Can any Leavers tell me what the f*ck is going on?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
14 months in, 10 to go and still no sign of this "good deal" we were promised by the Leavers.

I'm sure they will blame the stagnation of the UK economy on the weather...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Oh like Liam "Airmiles" Fox you mean...

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If you were paying attention the vote was not to leave, the vote was a polling of the publics advice, which was marginally to leave. Now, when receiving advice from a person, or a body or people, it is sensible to take into account the knowledge and qualifications of the person or body giving the advice. Clearly, the general publics knowledge on global politics, trade, economics and I interactions is, at best, poor. Therefore, the advice it gave should be weighted appropriately and not followed blindly. That way madness lies.

The whole concept of democracy just goes in one ear and out the other with you doesn’t it. The decision to Remain or Leave was delegated by Parliament to us, My vote in the referendum was equal to the vote of everyone else, including Cox, Hawking and Attenborough. My vote, or theirs for that matter should not be weighted against the vote or the opinion of someone else no matter how much you believe it should be.

And after careful double checking, the winning vote was indeed to Leave, turns out I was paying attention after all.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm sure they will blame the stagnation of the UK economy on the weather...

Barnier and Davis agreed that talks must end in October 2018, so just 5 months away. There is a UK parliamentary recess 20 July - 05 Sep, then party conference season 14 Sep - 09 Oct.

This "deal" is not going to happen. The UK electorate have been sold a pup.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
tell me what is undemocratic about a 2nd referendum

I had a look for your so called second democratic option in The Referendum Act 2015.
But couldn’t find it, perhaps you could point out the clause in that legislation that says

A referendum is to be held on whether the United Kingdom should remain a member of the European Union..
The question that is to appear on the ballot papers is—
“Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?”
In the event of Vote Remain losing, a second referendum will be held.

If you could point out that clause, it would be most helpful.Ta.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anybody that has to fly that amount must be an absolute drain on their business,or department.Who can possibly need to fly that much?

Who says it’s all business? You really don’t have a clue do you?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

Business remainers and MPs telling us it's going to be economic meltdown. Making sure they do everything they can so that we fall in line. Telling us that they're doing it for democracy. All the while totally ignoring a democratic referendum. All they can see is there cosy gravy train thundering towards a brick wall.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Barnier and Davis agreed that talks must end in October 2018, so just 5 months away. There is a UK parliamentary recess 20 July - 05 Sep, then party conference season 14 Sep - 09 Oct.

This "deal" is not going to happen. The UK electorate have been sold a pup.

Interesting that 92% of the Irish want to stay in the EU, little surprise when they see the chaos across the Irish sea. What were the Brexdreamists saying a few weeks ago?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Hardly Bond are you!

I know people in civilian jobs that fly up to four sometimes five times a week. It's easy to rack up if you work accounts or procurement.

Come on then.Give us some examples of non-aircrew jobs in this country that require flying four or five times a week.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Who says it’s all business? You really don’t have a clue do you?

Come on then.Let's have some examples of non-aircrew flying four or five times a week.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think you mean five Labour MPs have decided to follow their own beliefs rather than represent what their constituents voted for.

Their constituents have now realised their jobs are at stake, and contacted these MPs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here