Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Monks Farm Development

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Or even in another world, the Ikea Community Stadium.
Bloody thing would never get built, always bits missing :D

But on the upside the club wouldn't have needed big expensive cranes and diggers.
Just one of these:-

large.jpg

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Monks? New ones? Farming a development?

Oh.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Sorry for being really stupid but can someone summarise how Brighton can make money from this and how much will they potentially invest in this? I've not read all the thread

Not sure the Albion are making any money out of this, but Tony will, leaving him to continue to invest in the football club without taking any money out.

I do of course stand to be corrected on this, but that is my understanding of it.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Not sure the Albion are making any money out of this, but Tony will, leaving him to continue to invest in the football club without taking any money out.

I do of course stand to be corrected on this, but that is my understanding of it.

'New Monks Farm Developments' or whatever they've called it, is a subsidiary of the club (or at least its Stadium company).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

same thing for practical intents and purposes.

to the question, short version is the club own the dvelopment company that owns the land (between A27-railway/airport, they gain planning permission and sell it on to developer for £millions.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could this newly formed company of which TB must be the major shareholder sponsor our training kit for a sum like £20m to overcome FFP with the money coming from the same source ultimately

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Wow! But as someone on the Argus mentions, will £40 million in traffic improvements be enough? It's already a nightmare along the a27, IKEA will surely attract very many more vehicles.

Yep, difficult to see it getting passed, the A27 can be at a standstill and Shoreham town centre gridlock at times, nice idea on paper but is it plausible?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yep, difficult to see it getting passed, the A27 can be at a standstill and Shoreham town centre gridlock at times, nice idea on paper but is it plausible?

IKEA opes after rush hour @ 10:00, so no impact there, and 'marginal' negative impact on home-time rush hour... it will pass...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It has been suggested the lights at The Sussex Pad will be replaced with a roundabout surely that would need lights on it like coming off the M23 at Gatwick or the N to S or S to N traffic would never get out and cause even worse congestion than exists now at peak times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here