Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk - Refusing to play?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Genuine question, but wasn't it the Southend game that was the game he allegedly refused to play?

I've not seen anywhere (granted i've skim read most threads at most) that he refused to play against Fulham.

The accusation continued through the Fulham game. And let's face it, it's an accusation.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The accusation continued through the Fulham game. And let's face it, it's an accusation.

If he refused to play why on earth was he on the bench??? In other words Im pretty certain he didn't refuse to play, but Hewton thought he may be distracted with all the transfer speculation so held him back. Seems logical to me.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
If we assume he isnt refusing to play then that means that Hughton thinks his head isnt right just yet or he wants to sell. If we didn't want to sell then it would make sense to play him as the only reason not to would be to avoid injury so we could sell him. If we want to keep him and he picks up an injury then assuming its not a serious one that sort of helps us by keeping the chasers at bay.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Going to Palace for £3mil plus we're getting G. **** Murray back...

According to one of those transfer twitter accounts with 1000 followers, and looking at their previous tweets they just make stuff up and get it wrong... (we were signing Buckley 3 weeks ago according to them)

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Going to Palace for £3mil plus we're getting G. **** Murray back...

According to one of those transfer twitter accounts with 1000 followers, and looking at their previous tweets they just make stuff up and get it wrong... (we were signing Buckley 3 weeks ago according to them)

well that was worth repeating then

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
well that was worth repeating then

Sorry, for adding some humour to the proceedings... I'm aware of course that the other 773 posts on this thread have been extremely informative and entertaining :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If he refused to play why on earth was he on the bench??? In other words Im pretty certain he didn't refuse to play, but Hewton thought he may be distracted with all the transfer speculation so held him back. Seems logical to me.

For somebody who is allegedly sulking, he put a lot of effort into warming up at Huddersfield. He also went out of his way to collect the loose balls for Nathan Jones, being the last one to leave the pitch before the game.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Genuine question, but wasn't it the Southend game that was the game he allegedly refused to play?
It would seem quite logical for him to have asked not to play against Southend - if there is talk of him going, he might reasonably prefer not to be cup-tied. That would be a whole lot different to actually refusing to play, though.

I prefer to carry on thinking of him as a good guy who wouldn't do that, at least until I see incontrovertible confirmation otherwise.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
For somebody who is allegedly sulking, he put a lot of effort into warming up at Huddersfield. He also went out of his way to collect the loose balls for Nathan Jones, being the last one to leave the pitch before the game.

Sound like the naughty kid in the class who had to stay behind after to tidy up [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
If it's true that Dunk refused to play I think it's incredibly poor form and we should sell him asap.

That being said I'm surprised he's even been picked in the matchday squad if true.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Pete O'Rourke is the man behind HITC and he usually is the first to break BHA news so seems to have sources close to the club.

He is, but no, he doesn't.

If it's true, it was the Southend game, then he didn't want to be cup tied. Hughton isn't too put out about it, as he's kept him in the squad.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Unforgivable if true.

This. Hugely disappointing behaviour from a local lad and utterly disrespectful to a club that stood by him during personal troubles.

If true he can piss off to Fulham or anywhere else that wants him. I'll pay his train fare.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here