Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A few in spain say Ulloa. .....

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'd be happy to see Kaz go. Speedy - sometimes thrilling - but reminds me of the legendary Dave Armstrong - no end product. A succession of dreadful crosses and wasted corners.

It is up to the Manager to get more out of players with speed and skill. I hope it is the Albion Manager and not some other Manager. If a player is slow there is not that much that can be rectified.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Dream on not from what I'm hearing

Well then we have to live within our means which unfortunately is an unfair playing field given the amount of clubs with parachute payments.

Still we will be a competent enough Championship team for a while yet.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Well then we have to live within our means which unfortunately is an unfair playing field given the amount of clubs with parachute payments.

Still we will be a competent enough Championship team for a while yet.

You really believe that if we lose Ulloa and Kaz and sign two inferior players as replacements, we will hold our own in the Championship this year? I hope you're right but I fear you may be badly mistaken.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You really believe that if we lose Ulloa and Kaz and sign two inferior players as replacements, we will hold our own in the Championship this year? I hope you're right but I fear you may be badly mistaken.

Since when is Kaz going or have I missed something ?

Yes I do, we have enough talent including younger emerging players but accept that we will need a forward although CMS will seem like a new player as not played for a season.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Since when is Kaz going or have I missed something ?

Yes I do, we have enough talent including younger emerging players but accept that we will need a forward although CMS will seem like a new player as not played for a season.

I thought I'd read about Kaz going on here but can't remember which thread. :D I agree that CMS is going to seem like a new player but we are still woefully short up front.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ulloa has the same injury Bridcutt had after christmas

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You really believe that if we lose Ulloa and Kaz and sign 2 inferior players as replacements
So far we have rejected every bid for Leo this transfer window and several in the last window. This doesn't mean that we won't sell him but we're hardly making it easy for LCFC or anyone else with reports this morning they are now looking elsewhere (eg: Austin) .
There are no press reports at all that anyone has bid for KLL . Do you have a link ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Ulloa has the same injury Bridcutt had after christmas

NB: I've never understood this logic. If a club wanted to sign Ulloa why would it be in my interest for him not to do pre-season training and get match fit. Most clubs in the middle of protracted negotiations to sell players leave them behind during pre-season trips. And Ulloa played at Lewes when reportedly we'd already received several Leicester bids.
Perhaps he really does have a knock...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So far we have rejected every bid for Leo this transfer window and several in the last window. This doesn't mean that we won't sell him but we're hardly making it easy for LCFC or anyone else with reports this morning they are now looking elsewhere (eg: Austin) .
There are no press reports at all that anyone has bid for KLL . Do you have a link ?

It's twisted logic that as KLL didn't play or was on the bench, then he must be leaving too. OR they could both have a slight injury and the manager didn't want to risk them.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Sami's body language when asked about Ulloa and Lua Lua on the seagulls player post match interview is strange.

Indeed. he looked away while he thought about what answer he was going to give to the question about Kaz and Leo. He was given the option of answering "yes" when asked if their absence was "injury-related". Instead, he answered "Both were not able to play today, and that's it". :(

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Just because the manager did not give any details of their injuries, it does not mean that he has been told by "the board" not to play them. He just did not want to elaborate.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Just because the manager did not give any details of their injuries, it does not mean that he has been told by "the board" not to play them. He just did not want to elaborate.

That's true, but if he wanted to play down any rumour, he could have said "Yes, both were injury-related and were unable to play". Surely that would be the natural reaction to a question about their injury status? Instead, we got:

Q: Leo and Kaz not playing - injury-related?
A: "Both were not able to play today, and that's it".

That, to me, was a strange answer if there isn't something up with at least one of them.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Kaz posted on Twitter and Instagram only today, how is he being inactive?

If Kaz and Ulloa both go, I can't see us getting quality enough replacements in to acheive anything more than midtable. We're looking like a relegation side than a promotion side at the minute, losing our best players at the end of their contracts, talk about selling some of our best players and not a single transfer IN when they were saying that two were expected over a week ago.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That's true, but if he wanted to play down any rumour, he could have said "Yes, both were injury-related and were unable to play".
Which is exactly what he told The Argus

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/11337369.Ulloa_ruled_out_by_ankle_injury/
Albion striker Leo Ulloa has a minor ankle injury.
The problem ruled him out of today’s 4-0 friendly win over Partick Thistle.
Kazenga LuaLua also sat out the run out at the Pinatar Arena in Spain.
LuaLua has a calf injury, also reported to be minor in nature.
Boss Sami Hyypia is loathe to risk any of his players in pre-season.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton really need to start signing players. The level of dissatisfaction among the fan base is getting higher and higher and all we hear is stories about the possibility of our best player leaving.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It may be that all is well and that Leo isn't going anywhere, but I don't believe that to be true. We'll see.
Even we do want to sell Leo, and given that we've turned down about 3-4 offers this season and 2-3 offers in January then we're going a funny way about it, then why is it in the interest of other clubs or for the Albion for him not to do pre-season training and get match fit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here