Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes, The Latest: Ashley Barnes Signs for Burnley *Confirmation*

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Quite - everyone complains that he hasn't signed the contract but maybe we've offered him a laughable amount, as we did to Murray? For all we know, Barnes might've only been holding out for an extra £500 a week...

Or it may have been generous and Barnes was being a twonk

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Just a thought - could we possibly negotiate a clause saying he won't be able to play against us this season (should we meet them in the play-offs, for example)? I'd assume the answer is 'no', but i didn't know if that was something a selling club could stipulate, particularly when selling to a promotion rival.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
What if we get an injury to Ulloa, or he gets sent off again? CMS is at least 4 weeks away, from being ready, and then will need A LOT of match practice to get back up to speed.

You may have noticed that we tend to start/play with 1 striker, Ulloa gets injured CMS or Obika step in. The way BHA have spent money in the last two/three windows I am not convinced there is more to come. Conway hopefully but that will be about it..

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Haven't read all through this thread so hope it's not fixtures...

Barnes is currently at Burnley having a medical

Source SSN

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bye Bye Ashley.

Not going to miss a player who only starts coz of an injury crisis and scores once in a blue moon

24th highest goal scorer for Brighton of ALL TIME. More than Murray & Forster.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Or it may have been generous and Barnes was being a twonk

True, true. He strikes me as a bit of a one club man, but at the same time he strikes me as being very ambitious, and would definitely believe he can force his way into Burnley's first 11.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
True, true. He strikes me as a bit of a one club man, but at the same time he strikes me as being very ambitious, and would definitely believe he can force his way into Burnley's first 11.

Agreed. Ash has been brilliant for us recently, but I wait to see who replaces him before getting frustrated with the club for cashing-in whilst they still can.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well hopefully the club will insist on a clause in whereas he's not allowed to play against us :)

Just a thought - could we possibly negotiate a clause saying he won't be able to play against us this season (should we meet them in the play-offs, for example)? I'd assume the answer is 'no', but i didn't know if that was something a selling club could stipulate, particularly when selling to a promotion rival.

No - this is against the rules. We are absolutely not allowed to reach such an agreement, for a permanent transfer. Of course, should Barnes pick up a minor injury in training, the day before the game, that would be okay...

Twitter seems to agree with you - In general Leeds fans underwhelmed by potential signing, Burnley fans delighted

Burnley fans are realistic about their place, that's all, whereas Leeds fans are expecting to sign top, top Internationals, befitting their true status as Champions of Europe.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Haven't read all through this thread so hope it's not fixtures...

Barnes is currently at Burnley having a medical

Source SSN

And the Official Burnley twitter feed.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Agreed. Ash has been brilliant for us recently, but I wait to see who replaces him before getting frustrated with the club for cashing-in whilst they still can.

You mean "if" surely?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He's completed a medical. This is no bluff to force our hand into a better deal.

Yep you are probably right, but if you travel to up to Burnley for talks, a medical at the same time wouldn't be such a strange thing.

Will he also have a medical at Leeds as well?

I haven't got a clue btw so I wouldn't be surprised whether he goes or not, but whatever the outcome it will be for the right reasons all round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here