Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Mason and Lewis Grabban

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Cannot see us buying 2 strikers (plus Obika ) unless Ulloa is also being sold.
Probably just bidding on 2 to hopefully get one. I can't see us selling Ulloa, unless it's big money. We are losing £8m a year in an effort to get promoted, there's no point reducing that loss to £5m a year, just to finish 8th.

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011
If he's got a release clause, then it doesn't really matter what the owner and manager want does it? Obviously he may not want to leave, he likes it where he is.

Erm... Hence the reason I posted the bit you failed to quote... In that the only way it would go ahead is if Grabbs decides he wants to talk to you...

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Erm... Hence the reason I posted the bit you failed to quote... In that the only way it would go ahead is if Grabbs decides he wants to talk to you...

If he doesn't then he hasn't any ambition because you'll get relegated sooner rather than later and playing in front of 8-9k crowds isn't simulating.

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011
If he doesn't then he hasn't any ambition because you'll get relegated sooner rather than later and playing in front of 8-9k crowds isn't simulating.

So you weren't playing in front of 6k at that shitehole before some sugar daddy stepped in... The club is building... As you should well know, this takes time...

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
So you weren't playing in front of 6k at that shitehole before some sugar daddy stepped in... The club is building... As you should well know, this takes time...

Nope, I think you'll find the building had already started before tony bloom became chairman. 14 years waiting for the new ground not mean anything to you?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Did Barnes lack ambition moving to a club with an average 13/14 k fan base ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Nope you have a foreign sugar daddy, we have a rich fan with decades of family involvement running the club. There is a big difference.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

We did not need to build like you, we just needed a proper ground for our fans to go to. Look at our away crowds, including Cardiff playoffs where we outnumbered Bristol City, over that time. You are nothing like us. Oh, and the suger daddy is a lifelong fan who's family have been involved in the Club for decades.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You said "The only way we'd sell him is if Grabbs suddenly says 'he wants to go'… At that point you have no choice than to negotiate the best deal..." - which is the sort of thing you could say about any player, but it is different with Grabban, if he has a release clause. That doesn't leave room for you to negotiate the best deal. And why wouldn't he want to talk, even if just to see what he's offered? He may try and re-negotiate his deal with you, or see what he thinks of our setup. He doesn't need to be unhappy where he is to consider going elsewhere.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Bloom made it very clear that he was not in favour of doing any business in January.

However, now that Barnes has gone, I'm sure he'll be replaced. 1 in, one out.

Crofts injury and the situation with Liam complicate matters as far as the midfield is concerned.

FWIW, I think Bridcutt will go, but he might now be replaced by a more attacking central midfielder, to compensate for losing Crofts or could Orlandi, Kemy, or JFC step up?

We are now light of at least one central midfield players, two if Liam goes. That one is going to the wire, as bloom really doesn't want to sell to Sunderland.

Interesting times.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
For me the trouble with all the names being circulated is that they are not any improvement on what we have already. Are we going to stagnate or are we looking to improve?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Probably just bidding on 2 to hopefully get one. I can't see us selling Ulloa, unless it's big money. We are losing £8m a year in an effort to get promoted, there's no point reducing that loss to £5m a year, just to finish 8th.

Most probably going for 2 to end up with 1 and keeping our options open - much like Burnley did for Barnes.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Cannot see us buying 2 strikers (plus Obika ) unless Ulloa is also being sold.

I cannot see Ulloa being sold - we simply will not sell 3 strikers in the January window.

Obika was clearly an emergency signing when it was realised Barnes was off before the Birmingham match, and will be gone as CMS returns.

Clearly we'll get 1 more striker in, 2 more isn't out of the question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here