Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Mason and Lewis Grabban

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We wanted Obika previously but he got injured so he isn't cover for Barnes' sale.

It is a big coincidence then that he suddenly appeared just before Barnes went, leaving us with only a half fit Ulloa, and the rookie Dickenson at the club. No, we had an emergency striker shortage before the Birmingham game, which has been partially solved by the 93 day loan.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
So you weren't playing in front of 6k at that shitehole before some sugar daddy stepped in... The club is building... As you should well know, this takes time...

Building to where? You've reached your potential for being in the Championship. You have a 11k capacity but you got 8k for your last home game. How can you progress with crowds like that and FFP coming into force?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Building to where? You've reached your potential for being in the Championship. You have a 11k capacity but you got 8k for your last home game. How can you progress with crowds like that and FFP coming into force?

Seriously you are embarassing .

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I agree with this. No disrespect intended, but are Bournemouth really aiming for the premier league?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Blackpool did it on 10,000 gates, why not ?

Well, one would imagine that the smaller the club, the harder it is to achieve success. I think for Bournemouth, as Footsoldier said, they have probably reached their ceiling. Of course that shouldn't stop them from trying.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Seriously you are embarassing .

Not that I'm particularly agreeing with Footsoldier, but I would have thought it is more embarrassing to comment on an opposing team's forum so regularly. If it is a Palace related thread, fair enough but this is Brighton fans talking about our January transfer targets. Don't Palace have any targets for you to discuss?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Well, one would imagine that the smaller the club, the harder it is to achieve success. I think for Bournemouth, as Footsoldier said, they have probably reached their ceiling. Of course that shouldn't stop them from trying.

Of course they should try.
The Bournemouth fan has come on here after their main striker is linked with you, and is ridiculed for supporting a small club with small crowds.
Short memories and all that.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013

FFP wasn't around back then and Blackpool had a bigger capacity than 10k so someone above is telling pokies.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Of course they should try.
The Bournemouth fan has come on here after their main striker is linked with you, and is ridiculed for supporting a small club with small crowds.
Short memories and all that.

Ridiculed may be as little strong. However, most people answered him sensibly, the less kind remarks were probably aimed at the reference to a slight upward step for the prospective player. Taking your palace specs off, it is surely a nonsense to compare the two clubs. Modern fans with short memories or no knowledge of the past history of the club may be surprised at the excellent level of support for Brighton. However, anyone who remembers the 70's and before, will know that there was always a big demand for a successful football team in Brighton. Our troubles made us seem MUCH smaller than we really were. This is (spoken through gritted teeth) not completely dissimilar from the position palace find themselves in. If palace got their own version of the amex, then your gates would climb respectably I'm sure. I am, however, not so sure about Bournemouth as they do not have the same kind of history.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
IMO, and that is potentially not worth a lot, I can't see him being sold… I do agree in that moving form us to you, would be a step up but only slightly… You're in the same division and not really setting the world alight this season, however, (before you all jump on that) I do recognise that BHA as a club are bigger than AFCB and the potential to go further is greater, in the near future…

However, I can't for 1 minute see that Eddie Howe wants rid of him as he has become integral to how we ares set up… We don't have another striker that plays his role anywhere near as good, and he allows us to play 5 in the middle, which Howe seems to really like…

I can't see the owners wanting to sell him as he could be worth double, if not triple 1.1 million in the summer, if he keeps on scoring at his current rate… and, the long term goal is to stay in the Championship and progress… Something that selling your leading goal scorer does not help…

The only way we'd sell him is if Grabbs suddenly says 'he wants to go'… At that point you have no choice than to negotiate the best deal...

I really hope I'm wrong as I don't want him to go and if he does, you will have yourself one hell of a workhorse and great player, that offers so much more than just scoring…

Interesting to hear views from opposition fans on players. Usually when we're linked with players, their fans come on here saying we're welcome.

As I'm sure has been said in this thread, if this clause does exist, it is not down to Bournemouth. I would be surprised if a clause is in the contract, especially one so low, but you never know with these things. It is conceivable Grabban/agent insisted on it.

The one thing I would argue with over is us not setting the world alight. We're in the play offs despite having been without a number of key players for large spells of the season. I still think there's we will probably not end up in the top 6 but we have a chance and this may be Grabban's year to give it a go.

Personally, I'd be happy with Mason or Grabban. Will be interesting to see what happens as we may end up with a completely different player.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Interesting to hear views from opposition fans on players. Usually when we're linked with players, their fans come on here saying we're welcome.

As I'm sure has been said in this thread, if this clause does exist, it is not down to Bournemouth. I would be surprised if a clause is in the contract, especially one so low, but you never know with these things. It is conceivable Grabban/agent insisted on it.

The one thing I would argue with over is us not setting the world alight. We're in the play offs despite having been without a number of key players for large spells of the season. I still think there's we will probably not end up in the top 6 but we have a chance and this may be Grabban's year to give it a go.

Personally, I'd be happy with Mason or Grabban. Will be interesting to see what happens as we may end up with a completely different player.

But do you think either of them would hold their own in the premier league?

Potentially it's 2 more to offload if we go up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here