Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt sold £3.25million. (with Sunderland kit picture)

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
It does make you wonder if:

- Liam and Gus have been in cahoots all along
- Gus knew he couldn't afford Bloom's valuation
- Bridcutt subsequently under performs after return from injury to keep price down
- Transfer request as final throw of the dice

In cahoots may be a bit strong , I'd hope you can still build loyalty in football and I'd have thought Liam would have as much for Gus as the Albion, he brought him on a long way. So long as we get fair price think we should let him go, we now have some good cover after all.
p.s . no bitterness here, Liam did good for us, as did Gus

Last edited:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Not surprised at all.

This is 2014, he's got 10 years maximum in his profession.

Good luck Liam and thanks.

Now Tony, screw them for every penny you can.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
The guys got no class, no class at all and I'm not talking just talking about the transfer request. His last two performance for the Albion have been a joke & that for me is not acceptable. It's not his job to force the clubs hand, why should we accept a lower fee, why should we be held to ransom!

No problem that the lad wants to further his career but not in this manor Liam.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Could be, the club would have to pay up his contract out of the transfer fee if they sell him without a transfer request.

Doesn't make any sense , why would we have to pay up his contract ? Another club wants to buy him , making the initial approach and if he didn't ask for a transfer in the first place it would be up to himself and his agent to decide if personal terms are acceptable.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
At his best my opinion is that Liam is good enough for the premiership but not that good that he can change the course of a side struggling at the bottom.
Sunderland do not need that type of player, if they want a midfielder they need one that can score on a regular basis.
I also think there has been some dirty work going on behind the scenes with Poyet, Bloom may pull the tapping up card from the pack.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Doesn't make any sense , why would we have to pay up his contract ? Another club wants to buy him and if he didn't ask for a transfer in the first place it would be up to himself and his agent to decide if personal terms are acceptable.

Bridcutt is under contract to us, if we decide to sell him to another club then we have to pay the remainder of his contract up, why should he lose out on his agreed contract just cause we have decided to sell him to another interested club.

if he asks to leave however, we dont.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The guys got no class, no class at all and I'm not talking just talking about the transfer request. His last two performance for the Albion have been a joke & that for me is not acceptable. It's not his job to force the clubs hand, why should we accept a lower fee, why should we be held to ransom!

No problem that the lad wants to further his career but not in this manor Liam.

There is no difference to Elliott Bennett two years ago. Nsc posters complained that he didn't seem to be playing as well as normal just before he handed in a transfer request. It's all over the top emotional twaddle.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Shame brilliant player for us and even tho we have Ince it's would be nice to keep him but you can't blame someone for wanting to double or treble their wages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here