Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jordan Cousins

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Good player and appears to work for both sides. As long as it's an addition to what we have not taking someone away then I'd be very pleased. Far more so than with some Prem player

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hopefully the competition that Stephens and Kayal need to keep up their incredible form of last season. Ince and JFC would thrive in that league if a swap is in the offing.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We just about got away with Stephens and Kayal In central midfield last season without a lot of cover available. I'm sure the aim for a good squad would be to have four CMs - cover, and competition, for each and every place. So, if we hang on to Kayal and Stephens, and Cousins makes three, are we counting Richie Towell as number four?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Good read, not full of unnecessary vitriol. Most seem to think he'll be a good fit here :)

Apart from the poster who thinks that QPR would be better for him as they're more likely to get promoted ("Brighton have had their good season"). At least he got shouted down by a few of the others

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Cousins, Harriott, Lookman, all played well against us. Would be very happy with Cousins, as long as he is as well as, rather than instead of Stephens. Chris Solly, RB, who didn't play that day is also a former two-time Charlton POTS winner, might be a good replacement for Calderon.
Yes but played shite against everyone else :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Feel sad reading that Charlton forum. We've been there and know what it's like to see no light at the end of the tunnel. A great club & I wish them well in getting rid of that **** Roland :thumbsup:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
This would be a good signing, only turned 22 in March and already has 125 league games under his belt.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
406bdd13dd9eecd70ac187431ba32951.jpg

Only a 62 Bronze in FIFA 16, so it's a no from me.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
May be a coincidence but apparently his twitter bio has changed and now doesn't mention Charlton,

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Tranfermkt website reckon Cousins is the same level as JFC (worrying) and that JFC market value is £750k.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
are we counting Richie Towell as number four?

Yes indeed. Folk go on about the amazing Alan Judge but I believe Mr Towell is very similar. Stephens, Kayal, Cousins and Towell would be a formidable central 4.

Hopefully the departures of Ince & JFC will more than fund this investment. Whilst I like both of them, they can't hang around at a club that does not play their preferred 5 in midfield. They'd both tear-up league one if we sent them there.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Tranfermkt website reckon Cousins is the same level as JFC (worrying) and that JFC market value is £750k.

IMHO JFC is a good player with potential. CH does not play a system which suits him. I may be in the minority on here but will be sad to see him go but understand why.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yes indeed. Folk go on about the amazing Alan Judge but I believe Mr Towell is very similar. Stephens, Kayal, Cousins and Towell would be a formidable central 4.

Hopefully the departures of Ince & JFC will more than fund this investment. Whilst I like both of them, they can't hang around at a club that does not play their preferred 5 in midfield. They'd both tear-up league one if we sent them there.

You are being a bit harsh on JFC who just had a very good 6 months at a Championship side

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
JFC is out of contract next summer.

Either

(a) Cash in.
(b) Cash in for less in January.
(c) Give him a new contract.
(d) See him walk away for no fee next summer.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
You are being a bit harsh on JFC who just had a very good 6 months at a Championship side

Not at all. I think he is a good player with bags of potential but he is no box to box player like Kayal & Stephens. It's best for him to thrive and develop in a 5 man midfield as he did at MK. I don't think we'll be able to offer him that under CH in the championship.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not at all. I think he is a good player with bags of potential but he is no box to box player like Kayal & Stephens. It's best for him to thrive and develop in a 5 man midfield as he did at MK. I don't think we'll be able to offer him that under CH in the championship.

I meant more the comment of him tearing up League One

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here