Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our forum standards?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I apologise most profusely what I posted was out of order.and does not show my true feelings and was not intended to offend anybody.
That's good enough for me :thumbsup:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I and many others over the years have had trouble finding the Clique, it's either a myth or is well hidden imo.

The first rule of The Clique is....You do not not talk about The Clique.

I rarely see any point in handing out an infraction for an inappropriate post. It doesn't seem to improve behaviour.

A binfest, on the other hand, is a good mechanism for ensuring that the offensive idiots who clutter up this board have every opportunity to reveal their personality defects. And this can only be a GOOD THING.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I rarely see any point in handing out an infraction for an inappropriate post. It doesn't seem to improve behaviour.

A binfest, on the other hand, is a good mechanism for ensuring that the offensive idiots who clutter up this board have every opportunity to reveal their personality defects. And this can only be a GOOD THING.

The "give them the rope to hang themselves approach". Nicely done :thumbsup:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Unfortunately this forum has degenerated into people just throwing personal insults rather than debate a point and it is not only the apparently very young but some who are older and should know better who are responsible.

Whereas the forum used to be full of literate and mild mannered Albion fans with long affiliation with the club this whole board is now rammed with JCLs and morons. I haven't seen a thread on here for years worthy of gold status..inevitable really since we became "premiership ready" and weren't playing at a running track or a dump in Medway.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
hqdefault.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

So much jovial ribaldry would have gone unsaid if you mods had taken Hugh's Dad's oriiginal complaint more seriously. Thumbs up to the mods for joining in on this thread.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Forum standards? :wozza:

Laughable isn't it. He starts a thread about poor forum standards and then comes up with this beauty......... Quote Originally Posted by Hugh'sDad View Post
Says who, you tnuc?
And don't pretend WE don't have a shared ' example', you Ravi Shankar.

Priceless :facepalm:

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
More top notch "ribaldly". Well done.
Very droll, although I do take your point.

With certain individuals, its possible to construct a narrative of mild rebuke, using the towel flick of irony, that you yourself have just employed to such wonderfully esoteric effect.
....but ....( and do excuse, but here I must return to the lingua franca), with some twats there is no point in referring to Goethe's canvas of humanistic prose, for illumination purposes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here