Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think we'll sign a forward in the January transfer window?

• Yes

Votes: 160 66.4%
  • No

Votes: 81 33.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Not that we could afford him but the kind of player we need is a Henri Lansbury type.

Lansbury's contract with Forrest runs out next summer, so a cheeky January bid by someone wouldn't be that big a surprise. Lot depends on what happens to the ownership there, but at moment can't see him signing an extension.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lansbury's contract with Forrest runs out next summer, so a cheeky January bid by someone wouldn't be that big a surprise. Lot depends on what happens to the ownership there, but at moment can't see him signing an extension.
That would be good if we could sign him but I would think Burnley will be in for him or even AFC Bournemouth if JW was to return to Arsenal.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
8 more games and then the window opens.

Let's have the striker in on day 1.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
As we get closer to the window this thread will come back to life with the inevitable speculation.

One name I very much hope doesn't get airtime .... Patrick Bamford

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As we get closer to the window this thread will come back to life with the inevitable speculation.

One name I very much hope doesn't get airtime .... Patrick Bamford
It'll be full of Barnes & Ulloa.
A rather sad indictment of potential strikers that have previously played for the Albion and are still good enough to play for them again.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Get rid of manu and bring in a striker. Need Bournemouth to pick up too so they don't recall murray. Wilson is injured again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Get rid of manu and bring in a striker. Need Bournemouth to pick up too so they don't recall murray. Wilson is injured again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or Bournemouth could buy another striker in January rather than recall an unwilling Murray.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
LB Leipzig don't led Burke with this player: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timo_Werner Looks just as good if not better as a right winger? .

PS: Just broke away again and missed a sitter.

Should have been watching Liverpool, though.

Last edited:

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
We've got to sign a decent striker. We have a heaven sent opportunity here to get promoted and this will not come around again anytime soon if we fail. We need to add the striker that will seal the auto spot...

We might well do it anyway but why would you take the chance if you were TB?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
LB Leipzig don't led Burke with this player: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timo_Werner Looks just as good if not better as a right winger? .

Werner looks a highly promising player, 3 goals and 2 assists in 6 appearances as a centre forward this season so far. Leipzig have only just bought him though, they don't need to sell anyone and they're all about building for the future. They're also currently they're 2nd in the table and look on course for Champions League football next season. Only reason Burke would leave was if he got homesick and as he's played for two teams this season he wouldn't be able to play for another until the 17/19 season.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Looked at the league table again today -always like to when we win! -and the most startling thing was the goal difference chart -I knew ours was good but when seen with teams around us, it is quite amazing. It is thus tempting to say that we don't need another striker, but were one of the three to have a long-term injury, and knowing our luck, then CH would be robbed of Plan B. So to my mind we need another striker and perhaps a loanee from the PL might suffice -did not Reading do this a few years ago and it paid dividends. Yes, there are a few strikers who do well at championship level, but if we pay out, say 2 to 3 million for him, might he then just sit on the bench if we get promoted, as we then have to shell out for another, better version. A loanee, who would have to be handsomely rewarded for effectively 5 months work, may well end up cheaper and we are not saddled with a contract for another one or two years, when the chap is really not good enough for the PL.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sincerely hope so. Apart from the loan signing of GM, we've not improved on either.
If we are in this sort of position come January, I wouldn't be surprised to see a bid go in for either. I am happy that Hemed and Baldock are in the squad but we are not in a position to turn down goalscoring options.

It would be funny seeing Murray and Barnes on the pitch all this time later. Makes you wonder what might have been had Poyet not made those couple of glaring mistakes...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here