Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think we'll sign a forward in the January transfer window?

Do you think we'll sign a forward in the January transfer window?

• Yes

Votes: 160 66.4%
  • No

Votes: 81 33.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
For me the type of player that would help us the most would be, Tex from Liverpool as a 10. or That young striker BC have on loan From either Chelsea or West Ham Tammy something.

Tex is not at Liverpool now as he moved to Porto but Tammy Abraham looks a good prospect and has done well at Bristol City

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would happily take Tex from Porto on loan until the end of he season to compete with Baldock for the no10 role

Suspect we have other targets though

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
That young striker BC have on loan From either Chelsea or West Ham Tammy something.

Abrahams at Bristol on a season long loan, so the January window is a no go. Can't see him getting a chance at Chelsea any time soon, so likelihood is that he'll be sent out on loan again next season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shirley there has to be a better Pritchard somewhere out there for that position !
It's a shame Jiri doesn't have a mate who fits the bill.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Teixeira is unfortunately tainted by association with the Hyypia era for me. Good lad, but I wouldn't have him back. He's nowhere near as good as Knockaert, and not any better than Solly, I'd suggest.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
By the way: Hogan's gone off the boil a bit after a storming start, hasn't he? I think I'd want to know he could sustain his form up until Christmas before deciding he was worth millions.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Billy Paynter scored at the weekend.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
For me the type of player that would help us the most would be, Tex from Liverpool as a 10. or That young striker BC have on loan From either Chelsea or West Ham Tammy something.
That Tammy Something from Somewhere is on a season long loan, and won't be available to us this season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Teixeira is unfortunately tainted by association with the Hyypia era for me. Good lad, but I wouldn't have him back. He's nowhere near as good as Knockaert, and not any better than Solly, I'd suggest.

Yes, But we're supposedly looking for a 'Better Baldock', not a better winger. Not sure Tex is a no. 10, to use the modern parlance, but I would love to see him playing in a Brighton team where players made themselves available for him to pass to (Hyypia's team didn't, which is why he often had to try and hang on to it too long) or ran into the spaces he expected someone to run into for his probing passes (Hyypia's team didn't do that either). Sadly, I think that bird has flown, though.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

I am not suggesting Tex as competition for those Wide positions but as a No 10

He was the only player that really performed under Hyypia, and In a decent side would be a good addition

However I do agree we should be looking for better, really good players should be gagging to sign for us in January

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd like to think we'd be a relatively attractive prospect for a particular type of player in January.

Not the established hero looking for a fat payday, of course: those sort of players will go to Newcastle or Villa because they'll pay them forty or fifty grand a week. But certainly the younger, hungry player at a club that's maybe not in such a strong position on the pitch as us (touch wood), and who sees an opportunity to succeed and make a name for himself.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I like the look of Sam Gallagher at Blackburn. Scored a few goals in a struggling team, he is young and has a hell of a shot on him. Looks like he works hard too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here