Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton i360 construction update.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
URGH, the old 'Brighton is so ALTERNATIVE' bollocks.

Brighton is alternative. As in it's an alternative to the usual city template. Only a few places in the UK vaguely anything like it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Brighton is alternative. As in it's an alternative to the usual city template. Only a few places in the UK vaguely anything like it.
Brighton being alternative is a popular view, so you're not allowed to have it anymore. I don't know why, but that's the rule. And you're not allowed to like the city you live in, unless it's generally regarded as a shit hole. Again, I don't know why, but that's the rule.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I never said Brighton's a shithole, I bloody love the place. It just gets on my tits how everything HAS to be different to anywhere else. There's nothing wrong with popular, be it big wheels or Pukka Pies.

You've obviously never been to Blackpool :wink:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
What a sad argument on here. The tower is/nearly built. It's 'underwritten'. Nothing the 'against can do' (other than not pay to go on it) As a born and bred Brightonian I don't need a 360 view of the city or Sussex. I KNOW the town map and the county geography, I was a Brighton Cabbie. My family have been in Sussex for 300 years about. I don't need the views and I think there are a lot more people out there that agree. This project is only designed to entertain visitors as far as I am concerned. It is there for tourists and the intrigued, that is it. If you take tourist pounds then I hope you fill your boots but as a local it isn't any good to me.

What a sad argument on here. The tower is/nearly built. It's 'underwritten'. Nothing the 'against can do' (other than not pay to go on it) As a born and bred Brightonian I don't need a 360 view of the city or Sussex. I KNOW the town map and the county geography, I was a Brighton Cabbie. My family have been in Sussex for 300 years about. I don't need the views and I think there are a lot more people out there that agree. This project is only designed to entertain visitors as far as I am concerned. It is there for tourists and the intrigued, that is it. If you take tourist pounds then I hope you fill your boots but as a local it isn't any good to me.

So what's your point?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Taken by Peter Pan's lift whilst the Speed Trials were on today.

Attachments

• i360 5.9.15 NSC.jpg
    i360 5.9.15 NSC.jpg
    312.8 KB · Views: 451

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd like to believe that when not in operation, the pod will live towards the top. Would look a lot better.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

'If you take tourist pounds' vs 'I was a Brighton cabbie'

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I'd like to believe that when not in operation, the pod will live towards the top. Would look a lot better.

Yeah, I'm hoping it will look good when done. Huge pole doesn't exactly win any awards as yet. (insert joke wherever you like) ((ooer))

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeah, I'm hoping it will look good when done. Huge pole doesn't exactly win any awards as yet. (insert joke wherever you like) ((ooer))
I've no doubt it will look good when the pod is on, and it's going up and down. I guess it won't be sleeping at the bottom for many hours, it's got work to do.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Taken this morning.

Attachments

• P1100207.JPG
    P1100207.JPG
    839.8 KB · Views: 246
  • P1100208.JPG
    P1100208.JPG
    924.4 KB · Views: 240