Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

As a Palace fan...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Er, one of us is having memory failure. I hope it's you, because if it's me, then I've made up a bunch of goals I thought he'd scored.

I agree on who he's cover for though, as he's not fast now.

Sure, you are right, though I don't recall him outpacing too many in recent years and in the premier league.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Interesting, which 7 teams do you think might be better than us? I can only think of 3 who might be. Would have been 5 but we've beaten both Ipswich and Hull.

Just because we've beaten a team doesn't mean we're better than them, necessarily.

Although I think we were on both occasions here.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'm enjoying it while it lasts..... and if it lasts all season, I will enjoy it all the more.

I was convinced Tuesday night had "shock away win" written all over it. Beating lowly Rotherham meant something because of that - we beat someone we should have beaten.

We have recruited well, and Chris Hughton knows what he is doing - very much so. Sam Allardyce on MOTD said of someone the other day that their substitutions did not make a difference. CH's always seem to. He seems to be able to work out teams to deal with the opposition's strengths.

And he is sensible, does not shoot his mouth off, thoughtful, dignified, honest - someone posted all this stuff on another thread the other day, but he is a top bloke,

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We have recruited well, and Chris Hughton knows what he is doing - very much so. Sam Allardyce on MOTD said of someone the other day that their substitutions did not make a difference. CH's always seem to. He seems to be able to work out teams to deal with the opposition's strengths.

Agreed, he anticipates rather than reacts when the damage may already have been done. A case in point on Tuesday at 2-1 with about 10 minutes left, when Jabba sent on Greg Halford and pushed him up front to make a front 3. The very next break in play Chris straight away took off Hemed and brought on Ince to help combat that.

Good management.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agreed, he anticipates rather than reacts when the damage may already have been done. A case in point on Tuesday at 2-1 with about 10 minutes left, when Jabba sent on Greg Halford and pushed him up front to make a front 3. The very next break in play Chris straight away took off Hemed and brought on Ince to help combat that.

Good management.
Sorry but you've got to say that's more like Manager 1.1.
If they've not learned that before break time on day one of Manager School, they should be looking for a different career.

I'm liking the way Chris is forcing the opposition managers into first half/half time substitutions, thereby disrupting their game plan.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sorry but you've got to say that's more like Manager 1.1.
If they've not learned that before break time on day one of Manager School, they should be looking for a different career.

I'm liking the way Chris is forcing the opposition managers into first half/half time substitutions, thereby disrupting their game plan.

Twas not always the case. We've had plenty who'd sit on their hands and do nothing while all in front of them was turning brown and mushy.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It doesn't necessary mean we are better than them. I would say the teams below will finish above us.

Burnley, Derby, Hull, Middlesbrough, QPR

And we are in a group with

Ipswich, Wolves, Sheff Wed, Reading, Birmingham and maybe Cardiff

We lack strength in depth quality wise for me and probably could do with someone a bit better than Baldock (who I do like), but isn't prolific enough for me.

Hull are not the team they were in their promotion season w/o Brady and Elmo with his mind elsewhere. Or is it because Bong is better than Wayne Bridge? See the video highlights when we beat Hull 1-0 back then. We looked better going forward back then as well with Vicente in the team. Not so good defending though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It is - obviously - still way too early to tell. And I suspect the OP knows this very well: the latest hilarious jape amongst the Holmesdale nerds seems to be drawing us into over-confidence based on our cracking start. So they can piss right off.

Exhibit A:

We might get relegated so 40 points is the first benchmark . Do you reckon you will go up then ?

If I know this plum, and you answer "yes" to this, he'll be crawling back to post it on an absurdly long thread on their site where an assortment of snivelling Nigels are absolutely dedicated to spending all day picking through NSC looking for evidence of "delusion" or "arrogance".

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Exhibit A:

If I know this plum, and you answer "yes" to this, he'll be crawling back to post it on an absurdly long thread on their site where an assortment of snivelling Nigels are absolutely dedicated to spending all day picking through NSC looking for evidence of "delusion" or "arrogance".

No need to , all you need to do is have another hissy fit on there .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
It's early I know but Bha are playing some lovely footie I reckon if by Xmas you're still up there you'll spend big in the Jan window and go for it, you'll be there abouts.

I sincerely hope am wrong though:thumbsup:

They are , but it's early days and as I said earlier it will be good viewing to see how the season pans out for our weed friends . They've given themselves a chance they need to grab it .

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
They are , but it's early days and as I said earlier it will be good viewing to see how the season pans out for our weed friends . They've given themselves a chance they need to grab it .
8932ee5105ec0ce417fbe7ab8c3ed788.jpg

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No need to , all you need to do is have another hissy fit on there .

You probably will though, because spending all day and night posting on respective Palace and Brighton message boards is all you have in your sad life.

You should try and restrict yourself to 3-4 posts a day on your own team's message board to see if the spare time it gives you means that your real life improves.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
You probably will though, because spending all day and night posting on respective Palace and Brighton message boards is all you have in your sad life.

You should try and restrict yourself to 3-4 posts a day on your own team's message board to see if the spare time it gives you means that your real life improves.

I'll bear that in mind .

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
We've not seen a fully fit Zamora yet

When you say fit, I hope you don't expect him to be flying around the pitch like LuaLua or sam baldock!.

He is Skillful, BUT speed he'll never have/match!. Our counter attacking football has Pace, Which zamora won't have!.
He came on as a fresh pair of legs in the last 10mins in the last two games!., but still can't move well, He reminded me of Ledley king(spurs)!.

Last edited:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think the original post from a Palace fan was only so that he could mention how well that they are doing at the moment as part of his post.

The answer to his question no one can answer with any certainty; however, Palace got real lucky and here is why. Something which is overlooked these days.

They were about to appoint the Racist, Sexist, Homophobic, Anti Semitic Malky Mackay as their Manager. Had they done that, then there is a very good chance they would have gone down and never bounced back.

So anything and everything can turn on a sixpence in football. They owe Vincent Tan a huge debt of gratitude for the position they find themselves in, for exposing Mackay and saving them from making one of the biggest mistakes in recent football history

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here