Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Remember when we lost at Brentford by a similar score? I think we went on to win the league that season :wink:

*clutchesstraw*

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
If we make it to playoffs then go out playing like this I'll be effing outraged!!!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Hope King Kayal is well rested and fit for Tuesday - woeful without him, no drive or urgency

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We are very good at passing the ball around the back. Can we have the 3 points for that please?

We are clearly the better side. It's just the technicality that they have scored more goals.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We lost 3 nil under gus in our promo Season at Hartlepool

Don't panic roll on Bristol

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
A very disappointing result.

4 flatters Cardiff as they really have not been that great we on the other hand have been abject in all departments that count.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Did he tell his defenders to make stupid errors then? Always blame the manager when the players are the ones who have let everyone down, including themselves.

You can hold them partly responsible when a team is a tad robbed of character and impetus from his selection. Look at the difference a half-time holler and a couple of changes make. I don't blame Hughton entirely, but i am disappointed with our attitude in that first-half and that we seemed to not know each other's positions, so easily cut apart by such an average bunch.

boik

Well, not many positives today, but Skalak will benefit from that, as will Rosenior. Hopefully that will also use up some of the deflections and ricochets against us for the rest of the season.

On we go.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Hughton must learn NEVER with one upfront unless you're away to a Hull or a Middlesborough. We get good points at Burnley and Erby by playing 2 upfront. He lost his job at Norwich by being negative.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Second half has been a bit better at least. Calderon and Crofts have been good servants for the club but let's hope this is the last time we see them start a match for us.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Did he tell his defenders to make stupid errors then? Always blame the manager when the players are the ones who have let everyone down, including themselves.

I'd like to think not, but people criticised Stockdale's kicking v Brentford. Someone felt that Stockdale's kicking is so perfect, he must have been under instruction to kick it out of play, or straight through to their keeper in that game. So, maybe he did?

But more seriously, he decided to give a left winger a debut when we are playing our second choice right back as our third choice left back, and are weakening that side further with a pair who aren't used to playing with each other. He decided to drop a returning to form Kayal, and our defence looked weaker for it. He also decided to drop the returning to form Hemed, and drop the inform Murphy - both of whom scored in two of our last three games.

It was a balancing act with squad rotation and maintaining form and momentum, to me, it would make more sense to keep the same side for this game, against a 9th place side, and rotate a bit more against a lower division side, like Bristol, on Tuesday, when perhaps Rosenior is in a better position to play, and have a stronger left back to deal with the debuting Skalak.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Well, not many positives today, but Skalak will benefit from that, as will Rosenior. Hopefully that will also use up some of the deflections and ricochets against us for the rest of the season.

On we go.

Yup. Rosenior looked good. Hopefully we can have him and Lua Lua on the left in a 4-4-2 on Tuesday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here