Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Broadchurch

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
We speculated that Charlotte Ramplings character is going blind - theres definitely something not right with her. And how can she be the best chance for a conviction after three (?) years ot not practising?!

I'll probably keep watching until the end of the series to see what happens but I hope it does improve!

I think you could be right with the going blind idea, I also think she either prosecuted the other lawyers husband/son (whoever was on the phone) or refused to represent him which would explain the ill feeling towards each other.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I think it is the one where Pauline Quirkes character lived. Don't know if she was never part of this series, or Birds of a Feather kept her too busy to want to do a second series.

Thanks and you are probably right. She was a formidable character in Broadchurch and wouldn't want to meet her on a dark night.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Whats going on with Broadchurch, the first series excellent, the first episode of this series was pretty good, 2nd episode not so good and last night was pretty dreadful, I hope things pick up but im not convinced.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Its definitely a bit all over the place and what looks like an attempt to discredit everybody at once just comes across as all confused. They've definitely brought Miller down to rock bottom - or is there even more to come out?!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Tonights episode got us nicely back on track. Interesting connections being made now and it's starting to get very interesting again. My only problem is the continuity issues about sunrise and sunset, Broadchurch ( West Bay, Dorset ) is unique in being one of the few south coast towns where the sun sets in the East and rises in the West. I know its a trifling matter but its bloody annoying.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Tonights episode got us nicely back on track. Interesting connections being made now and it's starting to get very interesting again. My only problem is the continuity issues about sunrise and sunset, Broadchurch ( West Bay, Dorset ) is unique in being one of the few south coast towns where the sun sets in the East and rises in the West. I know its a trifling matter but its bloody annoying.

Am enjoying but I turned to my wife and asked "why is he watching the sun rise in the west?"

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Not gripped by this like I was the first. It's a bit soap opera -ish be all getting a bit silly, similar to how The Lakes went off in the second series. Bored with Tenants dour mugging and downturned pie hole.
Tonight's is the last episode I'll be bothering with.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good episode tonight, getting back to its best.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Just finished series 1. Very watchable but the last episode was utter gash pie. Is it worth watching the next series (sometime in 2018)?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
well it's definantly not Alan Hansen

why he let that other bloke give him a good shoeing last night I'll never know???

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Ohh cliffhanger ending so that we watch the final episode!

So I think Clare & Lee are definitely in on it together (and I think Clare was is the one in charge of that relationship) and I think they'll find Joe Not Guilty (even though I think he did it!)...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ohh cliffhanger ending so that we watch the final episode!

So I think Clare & Lee are definitely in on it together (and I think Clare was is the one in charge of that relationship) and I think they'll find Joe Not Guilty (even though I think he did it!)...

Yes, good ending last night. Clare and Lee are both in it up to their gonads but the inference is that one of the girls from Sandbrook is still alive and in France. Great acting from Tennant as usual plus at last we now have sunrise and sunset in the correct Poles ! I'm hoping that the defence team lose as I think the defence barrister is a right cow and Abby, the assistant barrister is a stuck up snotty cow.

However,is there more to come from a third series ? it has been suggested that the writer envisaged 3 series, maybe Joe Miller is found not guilty and there is a re trial and or new suspect trawled up. Who knows, but, nice to see the series get back on track in the last 3 episodes.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I'm amazed anyone is still watching after this utter shocker of a series.

We're only watching it because the leader of the jury is a friend of ours.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
The series has picked up after a dodgy start, I think Joe will be found guilty, it would of been a bigger cliffhanger to have finished last nights episode with a not guilty verdict then we would have a week to wait to see the aftermath.

Sounds like the babysitter is in France although im still not sure who killed the girl maybe both of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here