Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hard BREXIT

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The Govt has no control over whether foreign companies decide to manufacture here or not. They can offer sweeteners but that's about it. I was talking to a client quite high up in Ford who told me that they will not be manufacturing engines in the U.K. In 10 years time due to world trade tariffs. That's a lot of jobs going.

Meanwhile Honda will make cars in the UK to sell to the US market....swings and roundabouts.
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...ck-built-no-matter-outcome-EU-referendum.html

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Meanwhile Honda will make cars in the UK to sell to the US market....swings and roundabouts.
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...ck-built-no-matter-outcome-EU-referendum.html

From that article

"In an interview Philip Crossman, managing director for Honda UK, said the brand is waiting for an outcome on the decision to stay in Europe before planning for the future, but intends to follow through with the new investment at Swindon no matter the result."

That suggests future investment could well be jeopardised.

The long term effects of Brexit aren't going to be felt until 5/10 years down the line.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Like you saying that the government have not got a clue . . .
I refer you to my earlier reply asking for some evidence, facts maybe, to back up your position on this.

You've been vociferous in attacking me and my intelligence on this issue and yet you've provided nothing to back up your argument what-so-****ing-ever.

Put up or shut up sunshine.

Show me the money. [emoji8]

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
From that article

"In an interview Philip Crossman, managing director for Honda UK, said the brand is waiting for an outcome on the decision to stay in Europe before planning for the future, but intends to follow through with the new investment at Swindon no matter the result."

The long term effects of Brexit aren't going to be felt until 5/10 years down the line.

Well,in terms of time scale i would be in agreement.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
From that article

really?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
We signed up to the Court of Human Rights after WWII, which is nothing to do with being in the EU.

Of course which is why no mention was made of Human rights court primacy, there was no need to, why bring it into the equation?

The issue in question during the referendum debate was the primacy of the Court of Justice of the European Union in Luxembourg and primacy of EU law over sovereign national laws.

It wasn’t about Human Rights primacy as policed by European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg, leaving the EU and the primacy of one institution does not mean our obligations in the Human Rights Court are diminished.

These two institutions are indeed entirely separate, remainers trying to link the two with the one primacy issue that is relevant and muddying the waters should try and remember that

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I think it's more likely that we'll leave, but leaving will look very much like remaining.

That's possibly what our Govt would like to happen; I can't see France and Germany agreeing to that - hence my prediction. we'll see...

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Amazing ... ! This is a quote from someone who came close to leading the Tory party, if this legislation had been invoked for small businesses it would have inevitably have been enlarged to include any business. This is the Tory/business mindset.. reduce costs to a minimum in order to make more money

. David Cameron forlornly hoped that encouraging business to prosper would lead to a trickling down of wealth to workers but unfortunately he had to remind bosses that " Britain deserves a pay rise "..(.link here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...-tells-bosses-to-give-workers-a-pay-rise.html ) but, it never seems to happen..... as for " Scrapping the Barrel " .. I rather like barrels, they usually contain beer, beer that takes away a little bit of the pain of everyday existence these days......

i was hoping for a response that would show who is currently proposing or promising workers rights and health and safety rights will be reduced after we leave.
You seem to have swerved off into a little barney against the Tories. This does seem to be a common theme amongst some remainers, rant against The Tories rather than provide evidence.
On the plus side this mind set does show the general realisation amongst many that the Tories will remain in power for a very long time. There is zero belief that Jeremy will be in no 10 in 2020 and will be in a position to repeal or leave as is, legislation that has been adopted from the EU when we have left.

stay out of the barrels chap, they wont you........great if you are still celebrating though.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Of course which is why no mention was made of Human rights court primacy, there was no need to, why bring it into the equation?

The issue in question during the referendum debate was the primacy of the Court of Justice of the European Union in Luxembourg and primacy of EU law over sovereign national laws.

It wasn’t about Human Rights primacy as policed by European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg, leaving the EU and the primacy of one institution does not mean our obligations in the Human Rights Court are diminished.

These two institutions are indeed entirely separate, remainers trying to link the two with the one primacy issue that is relevant and muddying the waters should try and remember that

Other European laws are just ignored, especially by the French. Nobody took them seriously, except us.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
For those interested in the People's Challenge to the Government on Article 50 and not happy about being stripped of their EU Citizenship...

https://www.crowdjustice.co.uk/case/parliament-should-decide/

I want my Common market citizenship back.....I did not vote to be an EU member............ 8 million more people voted for Leave in 2016 than in 1975,the 1975 vote was in an era-we are led to believe-by Remain that saw the UK more isolated,insular and perhaps racially and socially inferior to today's "oh so wonderful" EU...

SO

Why was the vote LEAVE? this time round is the only,real and to be honest, staggering question?

Nigel Farage was correct,52% vote for Remain would have left a question or two......Defeat for Remain leaves the decision in no doubt..

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
For those interested in the People's Challenge to the Government on Article 50 and not happy about being stripped of their EU Citizenship...

https://www.crowdjustice.co.uk/case/parliament-should-decide/

Should the Sovereignty of the UK be handed to a self-appointed Government?

I'm interested in how the peoples challenge explains ignoring the democratic majority will of THE PEOPLE re their campaign.

They obviously aren't that bothered about sovereignty if they voted to remain in the EU.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Ive never been a EU citizen.
My passport specifically refers to me as a "British citizen passport holder," a passport which is the property of Her Majestys Government in The United Kingdom.
Stick that in your bent banana and smoke it.

EU citizenship must be what you mean with regards to ever closer union and a federal superstate.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ive never been a EU citizen.
My passport specifically refers to me as a "British citizen passport holder," a passport which is the property of Her Majestys Government in The United Kingdom.
Stick that in your bent banana and smoke it.

EU citizenship must be what you mean with regards to ever closer union and a federal superstate.

That passport used to be navy blue, but is maroon at the moment because it is an EU passport. I presume it will revert to dark blue after Brexit.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Other European laws are just ignored, especially by the French. Nobody took them seriously, except us.

Just because EU laws are so crap everyone else ignores them and doesnt take them seriously its no excuse for us to act like all the other johnny foreigners.
The British thing to do is be polite and courteous and inform them officially that we will be leaving and will officially be ignoring their laws.

Lead by example......its what makes us Great.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
That passport used to be navy blue, but is maroon at the moment because it is an EU passport. I presume it will revert to dark blue after Brexit.

who gives a toss.
could be pink with green spots as far im concerned. Doesnt change the wording it is for a British Citizen not a European citizen

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here