Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
It looks like they're playing GDS 8th September.

I did see Wand at The Great Escape. I was feeling a little fragile, The Haunt was rammed and found the first half of their set a bit of an assault but definitely got more into them as the set went on.

They're at End of the Road so I'll seek them out there.

I reckon Great Escape highlights were probably Susanne Sundfor, Jane Weaver (will be getting tickets for her October show) and Slug. Enjoyed Dutch Uncles and Django Django too. Did not enjoy The DMA's.

BSP tomorrow, very pleased this was announced as I couldn't make the London show.

Totally agree with you regarding DMAs. By far one of the worse bands I have seen- what was interesting was that most of the crowd were watching in disbeleif at their parody of what was I guess an oasis 90s manchester style band. Fake anger and members of the band getting on stage, off stage, flouncing, back on stage. All very embarrassing. But there was as a small part of the crowd that were enjoying it. Oh and the NME are huge fans! Avoid

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Totally agree with you regarding DMAs. By far one of the worse bands I have seen- what was interesting was that most of the crowd were watching in disbeleif at their parody of what was I guess an oasis 90s manchester style band. Fake anger and members of the band getting on stage, off stage, flouncing, back on stage. All very embarrassing. But there was as a small part of the crowd that were enjoying it. Oh and the NME are huge fans! Avoid

I'll go a stage further. They are utter dogshit. Have you noticed how the film industry have realised that after a certain length of time (c.20 years) you can just release exactly the same film again and get away with it - Jurassic World being the current example? the DMA's were the musical equivalent.

They'll be massive I'd imagine.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
HEALTH remain one of the world's premier live outfits on last night's evidence.

Wasn't totally down with 2 of the 4 new songs they played - a little 80's goth, not wild enough.

Liturgy/ Circuit Des Yeux tonight.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Just the Roundhouse Sea Power gig for me this week. Then Don Giovanni at Covent Garden next Tuesday followed by yet another trip to the Roundhouse for Faith no More next Wednesday and Brakes at the Concorde on the friday completing my pre-Glastonbury gigging for June.

I'm at the FNM Roundhouse gig next Wednesday as well. Looking forward to it. Loving the new album.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Now missing BSP tonight. Having to spend a third week in hospital.

Bollocks :(

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fingers crossed I'll be discharged and in fine fettle for the Sarah record's do where I intend to abuse the BYO policy.

Get well soon fella!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seeing Young Fathers this Sunday. Seems to be a hastily arranged festival warm up gig, I understand they now live here?

Anyway, think their current album is album of the year so far.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
According to the Argus, Sea Power were indulgent last night, I do not think the reviewer has seen them before. Bring on the indulgence at the Roundhouse saturday!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
According to the Argus, Sea Power were indulgent last night, I do not think the reviewer has seen them before. Bring on the indulgence at the Roundhouse saturday!

Ok I must preface this by saying I wasn't there but he suggests there's bad tracks on TDOBSP. Which ones are they? The B-Sides of that era would make for a classic album.

Looking forward to Saturday.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Ok I must preface this by saying I wasn't there but he suggests there's bad tracks on TDOBSP. Which ones are they? The B-Sides of that era would make for a classic album.

Looking forward to Saturday.

Yep struggling to find the bad tracks on TDOBSP too. Very odd review. Wish i'd gone now but was saving myself for saturday.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Yep struggling to find the bad tracks on TDOBSP too.

That's because there isn't one.

Indulgence?The whole bloody point of the show was indulgence. I'm guessing the writer is completely unaware that the majority of last nights audience will have seen BSP a number of times in double or even triple figures.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

I doubt anyone from The Argus was even there and they made it up or got the set list from a friend of a friend. Will have to read it and see what they say. My feeling was that t was a thoroughly enjoyable evening and can't wait for a repeat Saturday . Bo Ningen were a great opening act, lots of M E Smith style guerning and loud guitars. Half an hour of them was perfect. Plenty of foliage on stage and a prompt 9.00 start for the main act. Played the decline in order minus final track Wooden Horse then a mixture of songs from all albums. Decline was certainly the highlight- To be honest the order of songs in the second half was a little odd and maybe they should have finished with Decline. Yan seemed well up for it and pretty sure he would have continued after the curfew. Crowd ok for a Wednesday- sure it will be more lively at the weekend. No phones or chatting during songs so that was refreshing to see.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I doubt anyone from The Argus was even there and they made it up or got the set list from a friend of a friend. Will have to read it and see what they say. My feeling was that t was a thoroughly enjoyable evening and can't wait for a repeat Saturday . Bo Ningen were a great opening act, lots of M E Smith style guerning and loud guitars. Half an hour of them was perfect. Plenty of foliage on stage and a prompt 9.00 start for the main act. Played the decline in order minus final track Wooden Horse then a mixture of songs from all albums. Decline was certainly the highlight- To be honest the order of songs in the second half was a little odd and maybe they should have finished with Decline. Yan seemed well up for it and pretty sure he would have continued after the curfew. Crowd ok for a Wednesday- sure it will be more lively at the weekend. No phones or chatting during songs so that was refreshing to see.

Did they play Wooden Horse at the end? We had to leave just before they finished. Good gig. I thought the crowd were a little flat considering it was a hometown Decline show, but BSP were good value.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Did they play Wooden Horse at the end? We had to leave just before they finished. Good gig. I thought the crowd were a little flat considering it was a hometown Decline show, but BSP were good value.

Yes. saved it for the last song. Think Saturday will be more lively after an afternoon of drinking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here