Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton named new Albion Manager

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Very happy with this. He will stabilise for this season and form a squad to challenge next. Exactly what we need at the moment. A surprisingly net positive reaction on NSC suggests that we have found a good, realistic, appointment and TB seems to recognise the need for experience after a few managerial experiments. (some good, some less so)

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Welcome to the club Chris and the very best of luck to you!

A friend of mine who told me we were very lucky to get Sami Hyypia has just messaged me saying Hughton 'is shit' so this appointment should turn out okay :lol:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Seems a good choice to me. I think he has the attributes to do well. I'll judge him on where we finish in May, not what he did or didn't do at other clubs.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not my first choice and very much hope Nathan Jones is kept on in a senior role and not shunted to the side.
Wish him all the best though, the squad he has is far better than the current position so didn't think mid table should be that much of a problem

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I can't think there was a better choice available to us than Hughton and he feels like the right man for the right time. What we need right now, apart from points of course, is some confidence and stability. Both of which he seems qualified to bring with him.

Looking forward to a few wins in 2015.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Interestingly, before Christmas a few mates and their mates got together and chatted about football (you know, like blokes do). There was a cross-section of fans from Championship and Premier League clubs. Among many topics, someone raised the issues of the 'most deluded' and 'annoying' fans. Norwich were mentioned more than any other club for their fans' totally unrealistic expectations and for generally being quite arrogant and annoying....

And with some of the stupid comments on here sometimes I think you'll find we would run them a very close 2nd in the arrogant stakes.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Pretty pleased with that. I think Hughton himself has sacrificed something on 'league position' for some of the other possibilities at the Albion.

And since the loan market (unfortunately) seems to play a big part these days, as he seems well connected and to get on with everyone even at clubs he has left I expect to see the quality of loan signings go up.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Think you're right about Nathan. He's really done us and himself proud in those two games. If Hughton keeps us up this year, but fails to progress the team, I'd be happy to give Nathan a go in the summer, but now is not the right moment for him. Beyond that, I'd be surprised if he's still with us in the summer.

I think appointing a more experienced manager like Hughton is the right way to go. TB has put in charge three inexperienced managers in a row with mixed results. Poyet was a success, Garcia not so much so and the football became unexciting, Sami was a gamble that went wrong very quickly. Nathan Jones MAY have been a success but I reckon Bloom would have thought it a gamble too far and a relegated team under N J would have the fans on Blooms back for appointing another untried manager. NJ's time may come with or without us later but for now we have more chance of moving upwards than we did under SH.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Massively underwhelmed by this. My Norwich ST cousins tell me we're in for a bore-fest.

Massively underwhelmed!!!!....who the bloody hell did you want or expect....you weren't going to get Mourinho Wenger, Van Gaal or even Pulis.
This is a solid, experienced and dependable appointment...FFS...I thought this was what everyone was crying out for...and as if Norwich are getting it right. Should be cake-walking the Championship with that squad.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
cant think many other ex trot managers around

think will do well

Yes, just discovered via wikipedia that he used to write a column for the Workers' Revolutionary Party back in the day.

Hopefully we'll be storming the doors of the 1901 club after CH has been here a couple of games.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Eh...No we could have backed Nathan....

Two games do not make a season. Even I could have got something out of the team! We have a squad that should be top half of the championship playing with there eyes closed so taking points from reading and Fulham shouldn't be a surprise.
Hyppia was the most tactically inept manager we've had since Geoff Wood, in fact I think he was worse!

Last edited:

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Massively underwhelmed!!!!....who the bloody hell did you want or expect....you weren't going to get Mourinho Wenger, Van Gaal or even Pulis.
This is a solid, experienced and dependable appointment...FFS...I thought this was what everyone was crying out for...and as if Norwich are getting it right. Should be cake-walking the Championship with that squad.

100% agree . This is a good appointment - here is hoping for a more settled second half of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here