Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Oscar Offered his Resignation?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
If Bloom is on the 8:03 train he cannot have been around long after the game. With Oscar's post match duties (team & press) would they have had time to have such a conversation?

Was Bloom actually on the 8:03 anyway?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Perhaps we are all reading too much into things,maybe Oscar was only ever going to be here for a season,no matter what happened?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I'd take Darren Ferguson. Attack minded manager please.

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
IF it's a new manager, please God let Calderon be assistant. Clapped and shook every players hand as they came off the pitch the other day, long after the rest of the coaching squad had gone down the tunnel. Cheers on the team from the sidelines every game, encouraging, etc. knows the club really well now.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

derbyseagull

May 6, 2006
Derby UK
I think Osca needs another year. Think of the turmoil he walked into when he joined the club. Half the dressing room wanting Gus back. He seemed to gel us together as a team.
He did not have a full closed season. He started the season with 8 first team injured. We have had no CMS nearly all season. One of his best players Bucko, playing 45 mins every three weeks or so. Crofts out and his replacement Stephens also not available. Yes we were poor today but had we have had a fit upson and/or not lost Greer so early, would we have done better? I think so.
I agree we need to get forward with more speed and purpose and maybe with the right players avaiable he may be able to do that.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
IF it's a new manager, please God let Calderon be assistant. Clapped and shook every players hand as they came off the pitch the other day, long after the rest of the coaching squad had gone down the tunnel. Cheers on the team from the sidelines every game, encouraging, etc. knows the club really well now.

Agreed. Calderon has heart in abundance. Every successful club needs one of him

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
One thing for sure is that Oscar wouldn't make it public after the the game as he keeps things close to his chest, and as for the "but has been told to sleep on it" sounds a bit fishy, I mean where would that part of the story come from?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Oscar's probably a nice bloke and all that but it's pretty clear he'd lost the players long ago.
The players never looked to the bench for guidance or instructions and Oscar's touchline persona is one of being disinterested whilst Jones's gesticulations were largely ignored.
In much the same way as Holloway lost the Palace dressing room Oscar has found himself in a similar predicament. I cannot believe the players have enjoyed playing in such a negative way this season and if it is indeed true that Oscar has offered his resignation then I believe his position is untenable.

(I hope this is) a load of tosh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here