Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WHC IX: The FINAL***

Hardest Beast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Is this a SERIOUS question??

Sh1t, let's think on it. Would I rather disturb the Wolverine, which would HISS aggressively at me, then run into the trees, or the centuries-old monster, which will grab me in it's super-powerful jaws, drown me and then eat me?

Or more accurately..... the centuries old monster, might wait a few weeks til it got hungry, see if I was still around (I'm not) and then go and look for a small unthreatening animal to easily overpower and eat instead, before going for another nice long snooze..

Hard? I think not.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
kroschel-films-wildlife.jpg

Coochy Coo, who's a cuddly boy then?

hmmm...

View attachment 72226
View attachment 72227
View attachment 72228
View attachment 72229

And here, being subdued, fed by and fleeing from a family of Aussies

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, this is not a SWC. But [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] makes a good point RE its COWARDLY hunting behavior.

They essentially hide and then pounce before its too late for their prey to do anything. They don't want to fight, they're essentially lazy bullies that go to as little effort as possible to get a meal.

As others have pointed out, they go months without having to eat, and then get desperate and sneak up on a few domestic house pets or farm animals for dinner.

Rather than point out a flaw in someone elses arguement, why don't you provide some evidence to suggest the SWC is actually hard? I'm not even convinced they are the hardest crocodile species, let alone animal.

Domestic house pets or farm animals? We have evidence from none other than [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] that these crocs go out to sea and kill sharks.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In the event of a tie, do Mellotron votes count double?

Don't be ridiculous.

In the event of a tie, [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] will let us know which votes have been cast using the CORRECT criteria, and are thus VALID.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
P A T H E T I C post.

That is a NILE crocodile, attacking a baby elephant. As relevant as me posting a picture of a WEASEL attacking a rabbit, and claiming it as an example of the Wolverine's actions.

#ClutchingAtStraws

Purely a representative picture of typical cowardly crocodile behaviour but if you want to get all pedantic about it ...

S W C attacks crab

!potm-sep99b.jpg

S W C stalks turtle

631330-crocodile-eats-turtle.jpg

#crocgate

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Purely a representative picture of typical cowardly crocodile behaviour but if you want to get all pedantic about it ...

S W C attacks crab

!potm-sep99b.jpg

S W C stalks turtle

631330-crocodile-eats-turtle.jpg

#crocgate

We're all guilty of snacking between meals - I'm not going to hold that against him.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
TIGER sharks, no less.

Small tiger sharks? OK cool, what does that prove? Even a fully grown Tiger Shark isn't as big or powerful as a Saltwater Croc, so it SHOULD be capable of taking one down. What's your point, as that's not exactly that impressive??

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Small tiger sharks? OK cool, what does that prove? Even a fully grown Tiger Shark isn't as big or powerful as a Saltwater Croc, so it SHOULD be capable of taking one down. What's your point, as that's not exactly that impressive??

Yes I'm sure a croc taking down 4 metre man-eating shark with razor sharp teeth is no where near as impressive to you as your fluffy fella snapping at the feet of BAMBI, but meanwhile in the real world...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Less than ONE HOUR to go...this is seriously tense stuff with just 4 votes in it as I type this.

#TeamCroc

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Yes I'm sure a croc taking down a shark with teeth is no where near as impressive to you as a Wolverine taking down a deer that also has teeth, but meanwhile in the real world...

Take away the ridiculous adjectives you've used in that reply, and you get something like the above.

To the Croc, the shark isn't a threat in the slightest. So this isn't a display of hardness in my eyes. Equally, a deer isn't a threat to the Wolverine either, but it dwarfs it in terms of size which has to count for something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here