Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please TB don't even think about appointing Jones

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Jones shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the managers position and I think Barber was just answering the question posed to him ... He can't out rightly state Jones has no chance whatsoever

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Forgetting the second half yesterday the way we started was enough to show he isn't up to it.

His team selection and tactics were identical i.e. shithouse

Yes, an experienced English manager could have changed the whole philosophy of the team in the three days he had.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Forgetting the second half yesterday the way we started was enough to show he isn't up to it.

His team selection and tactics were identical i.e. shithouse

Why? Because it discredits your argument? ???

His team selection was as good as it could of been (Ince for Gardner the only change I would have made) and the tactics couldn't be that bad considering we came from 2 - 0 down and probably could of won the game if it hadn't been for Federici.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
A battling second half performance and all of a sudden Jones should be in the frame??!!! Think people have been drinking too much of the xmas sauce. Jones deserves to remain with the club but as a coach or development manager but leading the first team you must be joking

We really do have some clueless people if they think Jones is the answer. I hope Jones stays in some sort of capacity but as a manager? Hahaha. Must be April fools and not Christmas.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Why? Because it discredits your argument? ???

His team selection was as good as it could of been (Ince for Gardner the only change I would have made) and the tactics couldn't be that bad considering we came from 2 - 0 down and probably could of won the game if it hadn't been for Federici.

we should have been 4 down by 20 minutes.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Anyone coming into the club cold wouldn't have a clue about any of our current players and could also be considered a risk. Bringing in the fans preference like a Pulis or Sherwood would only be on a deal until the end of the season, so if we get relegated they would leave. Our predicament is no one else’s problem but our own, and not many managers will come to us and sign a long contract and take genuine ownership of the job whilst relegation is a strong possibility, which it is.

The only person Bloom can really put his trust in now on the footballing side is Jones, because someone like Pulis saying we need £5m spent on players, in January, to stay up will not be helpful. There will be too many conditions written into a contract and an easy way out would also be included.

We need stability not a short term imaginary fix, and Jones is as qualified as what we need. If there is a chance of him being our Eddie Howe he should be given the opportunity and there is no time like the present. Jones has also got far more experience of the Championship than Karl Robinson so looking down the leagues for a manager isn't the answer.

Great comeback yesterday, and we don't see many of those coming from 0-2 down. The fans favourite Calde turned a blunder into a blinder, I loved the long throw plan and we dug deep and battled to the end.

Looking forward to Fulham so we should just wish him nothing but a good team performance and see what happens.
One draw against Reading and people think Jones has suddenly become a great manager

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
we should have been 4 down by 20 minutes.

Well if they had scored 4 in the first 20 I make it we could have scored 5 (JFC and Calde's goals, Colunga's shot that hit the bar, Holla's shot that was excellently saved and March's diving header). So finished 5-4 and Jones would have been hailed a genius for mastering a turn around from 4-0 down. Fortunate that the game doesn't adhere to the rules of should've and could've really eh?

I'm not saying I want Jones as manager but I just don't understand how or why some people expected a huge turn around. Jones had the same squad available, the same underperforming, low on confidence squad. What did you expect? The fact that we came out after half time with a fire under our arses (the first time I've seen that this season) says a lot about how different Jones and Sammi are. We still need a new manager who can help fix the mess we are in and Jones is probably not the man to do it. But credit where credit is due IMO.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Well if they had scored 4 in the first 20 I make we could have scored 5 (JFC and Calde's goals, Colunga's shot that hit the bar, Holla's shot that was excellently saved and March's diving header). So finished 5-4 and Jones would have been hailed a genius for mastering a turn around from 4-0 down. Fortunate that the game doesn't adhere to the rules of should've and could've really eh?

I'm not saying I want Jones as manager but I just don't understand how or why some people expected a huge turn around. Jones had the same squad available, the same underperforming, low on confidence squad. What did you expect? The fact that we came out after half time with a fire under our arses (the first time I've seen that this season) says a lot about how different Jones and Sammi are. We still need a new manager who can help fix the mess we are in and Jones is probably not the man to do it. But credit where credit is due IMO.

Sorry but first half we looked absolutely shocking. A pub team at best. Got a lucky goal which did at least give some confidence.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
One draw against Reading and people think Jones has suddenly become a great manager

No more so than one draw against Reading suddenly making him a sh1t one.

We were more than competitive and he did a great job in his first game in charge, considering he hasn't got a clue about football.

I would trust him far more than the anti Jones backseat manager brigade on here who are mainly vitriolic in their non footballing arguments.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
This morning I was of the very firm opinion that there was no chance that Jones would be appointed.

The Palace news has lessened my resolve slightly. I'd still rate it as 'very unlikely', as it could trigger a big swap-shop that could see our preferred candidate(s) picked up elsewhere and/or cause some targets to wait things out for a better opportunity. I guess, taking this to the extreme, Jones could be a default choice as a safe-ish pair of hands given his knowledge of the players and the set-up.

It all depends. It would keep the passing game.

My choice would be Brian McDermott and he would not be available until summer.

First goal was a good copy of how Cairns did so well against us for Hull and Cairns repeated the tactic against Sunderland and Arsenal as well. Learnt from others. A good sign.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It all depends. It would keep the passing game.

My choice would be Brian McDermott and he would not be available until summer.

First goal was a good copy of how Cairns did so well against us for Hull and Cairns repeated the tactic against Sunderland and Arsenal as well. Learnt from others. A good sign.

What passing game.

Haven't seen much evidence of that this season.

Stumpy Tim

No more so than one draw against Reading suddenly making him a sh1t one.

We were more than competitive and he did a great job in his first game in charge, considering he hasn't got a clue about football.

I would trust him far more than the anti Jones backseat manager brigade on here who are mainly vitriolic in their non footballing arguments.
Precisely. People here don't seem to like Jones as he was part of Sami's team, forgetting he was also part of Oscar's. Or because he looks like a weasel, or because he annoyed Micky Adams once... Look at his badges, look at his success in his one managerial job, look at the reputation he has in the game. I really like his intensity.

Some people say he's not experienced enough, and then suggest Sherwood! Barmy behaviour!

I get that some people want an experienced old-head and I understand it. For those people I can see why Jones isn't for them. For many though, it's an irrational dislike and that's poor

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What passing game.

Haven't seen much evidence of that this season.

Relative to other teams we have played and I have seen, our passing game is still the best.

Pressing game usurps it and puts in us difficulty. It has lost a bit like passing into space as the current players like it to feet. Some of the new players let us down a bit as they are deficient in technique. Holla seems OK, but left back is still a problem. Fulcrum of midfield is a weak point.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We really do have some clueless people if they think Jones is the answer. I hope Jones stays in some sort of capacity but as a manager? Hahaha. Must be April fools and not Christmas.

No one on here is qualified enough to know that he isn't the answer, so your simplistic "clueless" argument can be served right back at you.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No one on here is qualified enough to know that he isn't the answer, so your simplistic "clueless" argument can be served right back at you.

We are adrift in the relegation zone after sacking one clown and going down the another cheap option isn't the answer.. The Amex is seeing more and more people staying away now and people are literally fed up. We are in serious trouble of actually going down this season and with season ticket renewals just around the corner the club has to get this right.
And people on here suddenly think Jones should get the job? Are people being serious or just clueless? If the club appoint Jones then you will pretty much rubber stamp thousands of fans jacking it in for showing a real lack of ambition. People are staying away now which is a worry and so lets not drive them further away.
No to Jones.

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
I wouldn't be disappointed if he was kept on till the end of the season. Jones could get us up the table, Pulis might get us relegated.

Funny thing football, nothing's certain. Especially in the championship!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Precisely. People here don't seem to like Jones as he was part of Sami's team, forgetting he was also part of Oscar's. Or because he looks like a weasel, or because he annoyed Micky Adams once... Look at his badges, look at his success in his one managerial job, look at the reputation he has in the game. I really like his intensity.

Some people say he's not experienced enough, and then suggest Sherwood! Barmy behaviour!

I get that some people want an experienced old-head and I understand it. For those people I can see why Jones isn't for them. For many though, it's an irrational dislike and that's poor

Yep totally, and shallow at best.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A stupid comment.

Why can't someone on here be qualified?

Is Bloom apart from having dosh? Barber?

Many on here might have coaching badges, be ex pro players, do you know? No.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here