Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I'm sure it will take more than a year but to be more in control of our borders , our own destiny like years ago when Great Britain was the one country everybody looked up to there is nothing great about this country the way we are going . As I said it might be the biggest mistake marked on a ballot paper I've ever done but for me it's worth taking a chance I'm sure the next few months will be rocky ask me next year . Why were you happy to keep going as we were ?

Nothing like that will have changed by this time next year. We'll still be "in" the EU for a couple more years, until the divorce. It will be rocky, though.

I was happy to keep going as we were because I believed we had more chance to influence/improve the EU from within. Also, Cornwall received a lot of funding from the EU, and I never saw immigration as a problem, any more than controlling the Cornish border at The Tamar. I also may be wrong, but I'd have wanted a much, much clearer plan of the future to even consider voting "Leave".

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Yeah ok, one man, one INDEPENDENT, i take it this chap is not a farmer......against REAL farmers....

Farmers Weekly poll backed Brexit

Polls carried out by Farmers Weekly have consistently shown strong farmer support for the “leave” campaign. In April, an exclusive Farmers Weekly poll of 577 farmers found 58% said they wanted to leave, while just 31% said they wanted the UK to remain in the trade bloc.

Delighted Derbyshire farmer Michael Seals of the Farmers for Britain campaign, which lobbied for the UK to leave the EU, said: “The country has voted for change – and the farming industry has clearly indicated it wants change.

“We must now all work together, government and industry representatives, to start with a blank sheet of paper to find a new and better way of supporting this industry to enable it to go forward.”

The Country Land & Business Association (CLA), which represents 33,000 landowners in England and Wales, said a Brexit would “bring challenges, but also significant opportunities”.

But they seem to think they get some of the £350m which has been acknowledged as being overstated and allegdly going to the NHS. Then for some reason they believe farm gate prices will rise but no doubt the main supermarkets will have a say in that. Even if and its a remote if that farm gate prices rose the increase would be passed onto the consumer meaning that the general public are worse off.
We could then see the clasdic wage/price inflation spiral which gets us nowhere.

Still if the farmers believe that the government will look after them and they will be better off then thats fine. Perhaps they could pass round their happy pill so we can all experience this high for years to come.
Personally I think the farmers have misjudged the benefits but we are where we are and hopefully we wont see any depressed farmers being interviewed by John Craven in a few years time.

From what I hear on news and twitter feeds. Does any one else think Merkel and Hollande may be regretting the day they allowed the commission to call the shots. Merkel and Hollande seem to trying to calm things whilst the commissioners are putting on the pressure.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Sadly, you cannot fix the EU from the inside.
Farage was right and I can back him up ( with experience ) The organisation is rotten to the core. With power comes corruption and it is rife within the EU. The level of waste is staggeringly huge and there is no accountability. No internal fiscal control. They cannot sign off any set of accounts, therefore they are operating illegally. It is the most corrupt body on the face of the Earth and yet millions in this country glibly choose to ignore this and pursue some sort of Utopian dream.
My vote on Thursday was a vote for honesty, visibility, transparency and self-control. Its another matter if our own politicians waste money. We vote them in and we can vote them out again. We have some sort of control unlike this runaway black hole.
The EU is out of control. Eventually, it will eat itself and the dream will be over. All the member states will revert back to independency and all will continue to trade happily with each other. After all, business is business.

As a remainer who cannot see any good coming from leaving, I have been told I am being defeatist. I see leavers as being defeatist about the possibility for change. I don't believe it is impossible to change the E.U. from the inside, the appetite for it is there now, it is not just Britons pissed off with the status quo. Cameron should not have gone to Brussels looking for special deals for Britain, he should have gone to the other member states and gained support for changing the structure, opening up the accounts and reducing the waste.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Too be fair i gave them a choice of cardiff, swansea or brighton if they wanted to go and watch live games with me (possible bribes, but loves her weekends on the southcoast now). There was no way they were going to be allowed to support the mancs, scouse or chelsea like all the kids in school

Was the explanation i was hoping for especially the Prem teams...

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I'm a remain voter but I agree with you wholeheartedly.

The votes have been cast, the decision has been made.

So it's time to move on, although there does seem to be a vacuum in terms of decision making and control at the top of the leave organisation.

I don't know if Cameron's legacy will be worse than Blair's but neither seem to have thought about the perils of a vacuum of power. It doesn't usually end as you'd hoped.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Personally I think the farmers have misjudged the benefits but we are where we are and hopefully we wont see any depressed farmers being interviewed by John Craven in a few years time.

The real world of farming away from the cameras is very very poor....many especially milk farmers

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
One of my reasons to vote leave is this-why does it seem to be deemed necessary to have migrant workers do menial tasks that our citizens wont?

I want to address the reasons behind why we have to have 'migrant workers in the first place for such jobs-sorry but I don't buy the English won't do jobs.....further my vote leave does not accept either.

Benefit dependent. If people want to work hard and have the self esteem from holding down a job they will do. I'm sure we all know family or friends that are in jobs that are below the average wage but just want to work.

I must say your rationale for voting waz not one I considered but I respect your view and hopefully in the future more are willing to take on such jobs.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
As a remainer who cannot see any good coming from leaving, I have been told I am being defeatist. I see leavers as being defeatist about the possibility for change. I don't believe it is impossible to change the E.U. from the inside, the appetite for it is there now, it is not just Britons pissed off with the status quo. Cameron should not have gone to Brussels looking for special deals for Britain, he should have gone to the other member states and gained support for changing the structure, opening up the accounts and reducing the waste.

If you ever think that would/will happen, you're deluded. Juncker said the day before the vote that there would be no more deals, re-negotiation, etc. There couldn't have been a clearer message that we won't be able to change anything from within. And his statements since the vote have simply supported the view that to get away from him and that 'cartel' was the correct decision.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If you ever think that would/will happen, you're deluded. Juncker said the day before the vote that there would be no more deals, re-negotiation, etc. There couldn't have been a clearer message that we won't be able to change anything from within. And his statements since the vote have simply supported the view that to get away from him and that 'cartel' was the correct decision.

What he was talking about was special deals for Britain, what he cannot refuse is changes demanded by all of the member states.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Nothing like that will have changed by this time next year. We'll still be "in" the EU for a couple more years, until the divorce. It will be rocky, though.

I was happy to keep going as we were because I believed we had more chance to influence/improve the EU from within. Also, Cornwall received a lot of funding from the EU, and I never saw immigration as a problem, any more than controlling the Cornish border at The Tamar. I also may be wrong, but I'd have wanted a much, much clearer plan of the future to even consider voting "Leave".

As I said you may well be proved right only time will tell . We've had enough time I believe to influence the EU . If Dave had returned with a better deal which was a good time to influence the British voter then we would still be in . Have family in Cornwall always tough for people living down there but they voted out . I'm sure we all wanted what's best but the info on both sides was mixed with in house fighting has caused this split , deep breadth and give change a chance bud .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here